What to say to WT Publishers

by Anna Marina 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Vanderhoven7 - yup Jesus sure did an excellent job.

Smiddy and Menrov - I've been around long enought to know that people make up their own minds on how they view God. I appreciate you don't share my view of Him.

My personal view is that God created us and He has the right to destroy us. Likely you view me a horrendously mistaken but whether you agree with me or not, we all die.

You may think Jesus was wrong. Ok, well I'll be your version of 'wrong' with Jesus and accept the consquences.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Amen Anna Marina

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Anna Marina , with all due respects I don`t view you one way or another with your beliefs in God ,that is your business and not mine.I respect you as a person no matter who or what you believe as far as God is concerned.

Now if i may get back to your OP ? I`m not sure what you expect to get out of your question :" When are you going to return to Jehovah" ? to an active Jehovah`s Witness. Is there a simple answer here ? or is it a loaded question for them to answer in detail ? I`m not sure where you are going with this Q.

Now as for God`s name Jehovah ,you do realize that it was a Catholic Spanish Monk in the 13th Century that took the Anglicized letters of the Hebrew 4 letters of the tetragrammaton and came up with JHVH ,then added some vowels to come up with the name JEHOVAH don`t you ?

Centuries old Churches throughout Europe and the Americas I believe and even here in Australia of a later date have the name Jehovah inscribed in stone on their buildings.

And the Catholic Douay version of the Bible does contain the name Jehovah ,in it though later catholic Bibles also contain the rendering Yahweh as the more correct pronunciation.

"Aid To Bible Understanding" printed by the WTB&TS first edition admitted that the name Jehovah may not be the correct pronunciation of Gods name however it was the name most commonly used or most publicly accepted at the time . ( or words to that effect )

So they weren`t interested in how accurately or true Gods name was pronounced they went with what was the more popular name.

You might ask yourself ,publicly accepted by who ? most commonly accepted by who ? None other than Christendoms Scholars of course , whoever else would be interested in Biblical matters .?

Anna Marina ,we are all here to expose Jehovah`s Witness errors and help each other move forward.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Smiddy when I was first called on I told them what God's name was. It blew up their presentation. Funnily enough God's name was pretty well known.

Smiddy keep moving forward. If you don't understand the OP, sorry. Others do but it might be because they hold a different vew. It is pointless to argue.

2 Tim 2:23, 24
    And put away foolish and uncontrolled questionings, seeing that they are a cause of trouble.
    For it is not right for the Lord's servant to make trouble, but he is to be gentle to all, ready in teaching, putting up with wrong,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit