"Fa La La"

by OnTheWayOut 26 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Out at the mall with Mrs. OTWO, she sees a shirt on the rack that was marked down from $25 to just $4.
    She holds it up and says, "Should I buy this as a workout shirt?"

I tell her "No, because as soon as you figure out what it means, you won't wear it anymore. Save your $4."

Her: "What?"

Me: "It says in cursive, 'fa la la.' "
    I thought maybe she didn't read it clear, so I figured that was enough to say to a JW. But no.

Her: "What does that mean?"

Me: "It is commonly known that it is words in a song played at Christmas- Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la, la la la la. Someone will point that out to you and you will feel bad."

Her: "Let me see if it means anything."
    She whips out the smart phone to declare, "It has absolutely no meaning."

So she bought it.

That is so "normal" of a person, but not normal of a JW.
    Any thoughts?

• cognac
    cognac

My thoughts are that it would be hilarious to see her face if a JW says anything... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Whats great is that she will probably defend herself too... Wonder how she'd react...

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    That's hilarious! Hope she bought it and wears it proudly!๐Ÿ˜€ Was it red or green, maybe that would have been a clue. If she Googled fa la la it would have told her right off it was part of the lyrics of a popular Christmas song. Maybe she can wear it when she cleans the KH!
  • Dagney
    Dagney

It's odd to me she wouldn't take what you told her as being true.

But yeah, it would be funny if she wore a xmas shirt to clean the hall...get a pic!

• JRK
    JRK
    And you can drive to Detroit without going through Indiana . . .
  • Stealth
    Stealth

As a workout shirt it would make more sense if she covered the 'FA' with an 'Ohh'. Now that has a meaning!

• scary21
    scary21
    I always say JW's live in la la land........lol
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Ooooh......oooooh....i had to sing along....ta see if ya got all the la la's in thereโ˜บ Everyone knows they did too, so .....ha!!!!!!
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Yep!!!!! All thereโ˜บ
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Pity the average dub doesn't whip out the smart phone for a quick fact check while reading WT literature or listening to a talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit