I got a sore big Toe, what do to make it better?

by Singing Man 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

The toe will keep getting infected until it is kept from growing that way. The only way to do that is to go see a podiatrist. Since you're in BC, I sugguest going to your family doctor who will refer you to a podiatrist. (There's a good podistrist in Richmond across from RGH in that glass/mini-tower medical building.) It costs about $60 to get the proceedure done since it is not covered by MSP.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What Mouthy said about cutting the "V" in the center of the front edge of your toenail...it causes the nail to grow toward that center "V" in order to fill in the gap and away from the ingrown side....also remove as much of the ingrown nail as you can reach....soak your foot in very hot water with epsom salts to draw out the infection....then pour hydrogen peroxide on it and take a smidgen of cotton ball and roll it lengthwise and place it under the corner of the nail that's ingrown to lift it away from the sore area....never wear shoes that press against the sides of your big toes....

Plus...if you have deeply imbedded toenails with the fleshy sides that puff up around it, it's better to get a podiatrist to cut out the nail from the nailbed, cause you'll have this problem like...FOREVER if you don't.

Frannie B

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

This is creepy!....... I just got back from my brothers, not 30 minutes ago, and his g/f has just showed me her toe, and has exactly the same thing. The big toe is red along with nail bed, and she says pus comes from it at times. Like I said to her, I say to you. GET YOURSELF TO THE DOCTOR!!, forget all the home remedies, rubbing eye of newt and toe of bat on it, sounds like you need a dose of antibiotics to clear the underlying infection. If this does not work they may have to remove the nail at a day surgery centre as they do at my hospital. Eitherway, don't leave it ....get it seen to!

.....Maybe Bigtoe has put a curse on us........

• sens
    sens
    .....Maybe Bigtoe has put a curse on us........

lmao...curse of the killer fungi

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

My podiatrist cuts the corner out of my ingrown nail and it really helps. Then I use soaks in hot water and epsom salts and antibiotic cream and it heals. Keeping the corner cut out really helps because as long as the pressure and irritation is there you will keep getting infections.

• integ
    integ

You have to bite the bullet and dig into the side and pull the nail out.

Good Luck,

Integ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit