I got a sore big Toe, what do to make it better?

by Singing Man 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

I know this may sound kind of dum to talk about but its been a pain for a long time now. My big toe on my left leg has been hurting I think it to be caused by a ingrown nail but I don't see anything and I cut the nail stright accross. The side of mmy nail is inflamed and if I really get mad at it and squeeze hard on my toe pus will come out I soak it in salt water at night and put Neosporen on it and wear shoes that have room for my toe, though its just been the last few weeks that I have wised up and got a pair that fits. In any event I hate it, I am afraid to go to the doctor they seem like they would just reach down there and rip my nail off. Sign: Wuss

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Try soaking the toe in Bactine. Worked for me.

• sens
    sens

speaking of toes has anyone seen littletoe????

• Been there
    Been there

Singing man,

I used to get ingrown toe nails, very painful. I know it goes against what they say about cutting straight across but since I started cutting the corners off, I have no problems any more. The pain won't go away until you can get the small pointed toe nail on the corner cut off and not growing into the meat of your toe.

If you went to the doctor they would probably soak the toe abit in warm water, put an anticeptic on it, then put a small piece of waded up cotton ball under the nail at the infected spot. The cotton is big enough to raise the corner of the nail abit to let it grow out without pushing into the meat so much. They would have you soak, put anticeptic and change cotton every day, takes a week or two to grow out. Peroxide is good for disinfecting it. I personally am not that patient. I would be sterilizing everything, soaking then going after that pointy nail with a pair of small pointy sissors till I cried. Keep an eye on the infection to make sure you don't get red streaks up your foot (blood poisoning). If you are diabetic or could be...........see a doctor, your toe may not heal on its own.

Good Luck.

• shamus
    shamus

Owch!

You could get your girlfriend to suck it, but the puss is a bit nauseating..

Ingrown toenails suck. I have never had one, but my step-mother gets them all the time... it hurts like hell...

• Mutz
    Mutz

If I were you I'd go and see your doctor. If left too long an ingrown toenail can go gangrenous!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Granny advice ? Cut a V in the middle of the nail ( so it gives room to grow together Then have a very hot bread poltice on it. Soak the bread in hot milk & put it on with a sock.... do this until the pus is gone. But if a red streak does start RUN to the Dr....This is an old wives tale. but my DAd did it to me as a young un & it worked. He also used to put boiled onions in my ear for earache. That worked also. Then there was tea bags for stys ( on the eye) for chilblains we used to have to pee in a gerry( chamber pot) then soak the feet in it then my Gran would beat the feet with holly.

Come to think of it I wonder if that has anything to .do with the fact I am crippled today???

• Valis
    Valis

It sounds more like you have some kind of fungal infection and not just an ingrown nail. If it is recurring then go to a doc in the box, unless you have insurance, and they'll be able to tell you right off. Not even a need to see a podiatrist. If it is a fungal infection under your nail usually a good dose of antibiotics will fix you right up. Best of luck as I have had a long history of messing up my feet...no fun at all.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Valis
    Valis

oh and epsom salts in really hot water..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Thanks for the information, my toe get better than it comes right back it drives me nuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit