Sacred Geometry and the Tetragrammaton - Why YHWH is NOT a Name

by SanFranciscoJim 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

For the past several years, I have become very interested in metaphysics. I've taken courses in studies called "Sacred Geometry" and "Hyperdimensional Physics" with professors from U.C. Berkeley and U.C. Santa Cruz. I have attended metaphysical groups and conventions and heard some very interesting speakers.

One of the most fascinating theories I encountered was the belief that the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) was not pronounced by the ancient Hebrews, not because it is a "sacred name", but because it is in fact a mathematical equation for the essence of the Universe. One does not pronounce mathematics.

The university physics professor who taught this course explained in detail why and how YHWH is a mathematical equation. He talked about the sphere, the universal basic shape, and the pressure points within it which, when the "male" and "female" are inserted into each other at 180° create what is commonly known as the "Star of David" in three dimensions. By taking the numeric values from the 4 letters of the Tetragrammaton and placing them on each side of the three-dimensional star, the sum equals 144.

I have only been able to find one book which explains this theory in detail. I own a copy, but it is written like a college thesis and very difficult for the lay person to understand. Has anyone else heard this theory? Are there any books or internet links that you are aware of that explain (or debunk) this theory in more simplistic terms?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

A three dimensional "Star of David?"

I'm trying to picture such a configuration. I am thinking of two pyramids, one inverted and stuck halfway in the other one... Are these four sided or three sided pyramids (not counting the flat bottoms)? Probably three, eh?

Any pics or links of this configuration?

CZAR

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sounds uneccesarilly complex.

I'm sure the truth is rather straightforward; remember, there were not metaphysics professors back in the day. Just Jewish tribesmen doing what Jewish tribesmen did.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I'm trying to picture such a configuration. I am thinking of two pyramids, one inverted and stuck halfway in the other one... Are these four sided or three sided pyramids (not counting the flat bottoms)? Probably three, eh?

Any pics or links of this configuration?

The way the professor explained it, there are three pressure points in a circle, creating an equilateral triangle. Three-dimensionalizing the circle into a sphere creates a three-sided equilateral pyramid. Inserting the "male" pyramid into the "female" pyramid at 180° creates what would look like a "Star of David" if it were two-dimensionalized. I hope I am clear on this. Math is not one of my fortés, so there are probably others who coul.d explain this better than I.

I know of no such illustrations or internet links on this. I would appreciate it if someone could find more information on the subject, because it has been a fascination of mine for years.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Sounds uneccesarilly complex.

I'm sure the truth is rather straightforward; remember, there were not metaphysics professors back in the day. Just Jewish tribesmen doing what Jewish tribesmen did.

Six, while metaphysics professors did not occur in the Bronze Age, the Bible (if you believe the historical accounts) does speak of many events and occurrances of a metaphysical nature which do not occur in this modern age.

The physics professor I studied this subject with also professed that the Ark of the Covenant, by the nature of its description in the Bible, was a magnetic device of great power. He believes Moses stole this device when the Israelites were freed, which is why Pharaoh changed his mind and came after them. He believes Moses used this device to create the "Pillar of Fire" which held the Egyptians at bay, and again used the device to part the Sea. Stuff of legend? Perhaps.....but a more logical explanation than mere "miracles".

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    the Bible (if you believe the historical accounts) does speak of many events and occurrances of a metaphysical nature which do not occur in this modern age.

What do you mean by "the historical accounts"? Obviously, there is alot of mythological bullshit in the bible. If one believes that mythological bullshit is historical fact..... then I don't know what to say.

Adding complexity to anything is for the game players amusement or emotional sustenance, it is never an honest search for truth.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Adding complexity to anything is for the game players amusement or emotional sustenance, it is never an honest search for truth.

I am merely looking for additional information on an alternate theory that fascinates me. I did not say that I accept those theories, or the accounts in the Bible for that matter, as "truth".

• berten
    berten

Those interested in sacred geometry should definitely check out Drunvalo Melchizedek's
    "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" (vols 1 & 2).

Another great book is "A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe:
    Mathematical Archetypes of Nature, Art, and Science" by Michael Schneider...

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

SanFransiscoJim - Sounds like an intriguing theory. I've also become fascinated with metaphysics and some explainations of things. Keep me posted as to any further development to this theory. [email protected].

• ballistic
    ballistic
    when the "male" and "female" are inserted into each other at 180° create what is commonly known as the "Star of David" in three dimensions

Fascinating. Was this an interactive seminar and did they have audience participation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit