Tanzania News Update

by mana11 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mana11
    mana11
    I wanted to share with you some feed back from this region. Since you could say Tanzania and other regions within africa are the last hard to reach places on the earth. It is where the WWW preaching work funds are directed, as being justified to get your donations.

There are now no longer any foreigners at the branch within Tanzania, they all were told to go. The Branch Oversea left last December never to come back. There were about 80+ at the Dar es Salaam Branch office but they were slashed and now is about >40 in fact they were all gone before May this year.

There were 20+ translation staff now >5

The Branch is run by locals only.

Kenya is now dishing out as the main office and it looks like Tanzania's newly completed branch will be sold soon. It is a nice property with a good value. The land was obtained at gifted rates.

Special Pioneers within Tanzania are ALL gone.

There are NO longer and Missionaries within Tanzania.

What do the Brothers think, What are they saying?.

They don't easily get to watch the jw. org videos here due to funds.

They are just shaking their heads, They are Depressed and Down.

They are asking what is the problem, Why is Jehovah deserting us. They are starting to look stupid and they don't like it.

This is going to backfire hugely on the organization as it looks like they were suckered in.

As many of you know I last informed you of my efforts to depreach within Tanzania.

As i get spare funds i send out people to hand out tracts etc against the WTBTS.
    It has good success. These are some of the feed back from doing such.

Cheers!
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    Another con trick by the WTBTS.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Sounds like a the situation is ripe for splits or branch defections if this is the approach of the Watchtower around the world from now on. They used to place western leaders in third world countries to keep control. It's as if they just don't care if branches go astray anymore.
  • sir82
    sir82

By a strange coincidence, the brothers in Tanzania are not able to contribute very much money to the WTS.

Oh, well, I'll guess they'll keep warm and well-fed.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    This is the sort of ruthless decision any multi-national business corporation makes all the time in the pursuit of shareholder returns. Of course this being a god-directed charitable organisation different rules apply....don't they?
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Wow just wow.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    'Depreach' , a word in the op. What a great word!
  • steve2
    steve2

JW org growth in Tanzania appears to have slowed down somewhat in recent years in contrast to the phenomenal growth rate among them from the late 1990s to mid 2000s:

From 1998 to 2005, peak publishers increased by over 85% (from 7,377 to 13,697), while memorial attendance increased by a massive 152%.

However, from 2011 to 2014, peak publishers increased just 1.6% (16,012 to 16,279) and memorial attendance decreased by -3.86 (57,399 to 55,183). .

Year Peak Baptisms Memorial

1998 7,377 703 21,126

2005 13,697 951 53,437

2011 16,012 773 57,399

2014 16,279 819 55,183

• sir82
    sir82

First India, now Tanzania.

Is this the start of a trend? The WTS appears to be essentially abandoning non-productive "lands" where there are diminishing returns.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    mana11

There are NO longer and Missionaries within Tanzania.

What do the Brothers think, What are they saying?.

They don't easily get to watch the jw. org videos here due to funds.

They are just shaking their heads, They are Depressed and Down.

They are asking what is the problem, Why is Jehovah deserting us. They are starting to look stupid and they don't like it.

This is going to backfire hugely on the organization as it looks like they were suckered in.

Looks as though the preaching work is coming to an end (if it hasn't already) and this GB may not be aware of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit