A question about WTBTS moles.

by DATA-DOG 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

With all the info from videos to BOE letters, to the Flock Book ( This is huge when you learn TTATT! ), why can't we find out who the WTBTS hired to aid in their rebranding efforts?

We know all about the RC and Monica Applewhite for Jeehoober's sake, so why in the hell can't we find out who is behind the rebranding? Was there a "worldly" company that was hired? Did the WTBTS use dedicated funds to send someone to film school?! I mean, come on!! WTF is going on?

Any church that would buy its own award or hire the RCC's favorite "Expert Witness", would surely have no problem hiring a consulting company, right??

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hmmm..good thoughts...

But, no, didn't you realise?? It is the holy spirit that makes it all possible....

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    The only person I can think off regarding hard business like expertise and effective branding is Donald Trump. But hey I could be wrong :-)
  • baker
    baker
    Prince maybe?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They have probably been subsidizing select Bethelites to get degrees in Business, Marketing, Law, Media or any qualifications they require for decades now. The GB are all about "do as I say, not as I do."

They also like to keep it as "in house" as possible, but even if they used an outside ad agency or marketing firm there would be public record of it somewhere.

• Hecce
    Hecce

About ten years ago I was told by a Bethel "heavy" about the re branding, everything that he told me is little by little coming thruth. He anticipated major doctrinal changes starting with birthdays and some where in the very, very distant future tackling the blood issue and the shunning.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Hecce, if what he said is true, then, too me, it would prove with certainty that the org is not directed by a higher being but is just looking to preserve itself. If they know that they're wrong about birthday celebrations, the blood issue, and shunning, they should change the doctrines immediately. So much of it is about PR.

If they're wrong about those teachings, but they continue to teach them, then they're teaching falsehoods; they don't have truth.

DATA-DOG, I wish we could find out for sure whether the org hired some kind of consulting firm, and if so, who it is. It seems to me that an outside firm was hired. The changes just seem too drastic, too different from what JWdom used to be, to have come from within.

Did the WTBTS use dedicated funds to send someone to film school?! I mean, come on!! WTF is going on?

I wouldn't doubt it. I know the org sent somebody to law school on our money, all the while telling us not to get higher education.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When I was in Bethel, a good friend there was a recent college graduate (English major)  and became a JW after he had received his degree. His sister was a recent convert who turned him on to the JW's. We worked in the Bindery together and one day he was tapped on the shoulder and told to come to the Bethel office.

Later that day he told me that he was being transferred to the Legal Dept and being sent to Law School. I was shocked, I had gone to Bethel instead of going to College as I had wanted to and realized that those of us who listened to the Societies directive to forgo a higher education were being discriminated against for having done so.

They tell the rank and file that the end is near and not to waste time on pursuing a degree yet they use the donated funds earned by the sweat of uneducated publishers working at dead end jobs, to send a Bethelite to Law School. That was in 1977 and the end didn't come and that Brother left Bethel and "the truth" years ago and  is now in his early 60's.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Barbara Anderson mentioned this before as was said above : that she was privy to information on the org going through drastic changes and that someone close to her was advised to leave bethel, get an education and lead a more normal life away from headquarters. This over 15 years ago if I recall. Nice lady, her and her husband.
  • millie210
    millie210

When you look at the Caleb and Sophia images and compare them to the Mormon version of kiddie videos put out by them (LDS) it seems that the same consulting firm was used.

Maybe it would be easier to find out who the Mormons used and back track from there to the JWs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit