Friends, are you concerned about the future of Ray Franz' books?

by Nathan Natas 10 Replies latest members private

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In the topic Crisis of Conscience- World Wide Cease & Desist there is a link to

http://www.commentarypress.com/copyright/

Have you taken the time to go there to read it?

I urge you to do so, especially the bottom of the page where you are given simple and clear instructions on how you can assist with the republication of Ray's books.

I quote a fragment below:

Restitution and Contributions:

Presently there is only one group with my permission to publish and distribute Raymond Franz’ books. They are AUSSTIEG in Germany and they presently have my permission to publish and distribute Raymond Franz’ books in German. (No other language) Their website is: www.ausstieg-info.de

There have been other infringers that I have discovered along the way, primarily giving away free PDF’s, since Raymond Franz died. All that I was aware of, I sought and had removed from the Internet. Nevertheless, I have recently been told by some people that there are and were others. Even when the PDF’s or other forms of the book are given away free, it hurts the marketability/commercial value of the copyrighted material. That is why it is illegal to do so.

Some people have expressed regret that they participated in putting up free PDF’s and have requested to make some kind of restitution and have asked that I provide a link to my PayPal account. If this applies to you, whoever you are, I respect you greatly! If you send funds to me for this reason, I will accept it with no questions asked. I will not pursue any kind of action whatsoever. I will simply thank you for your honesty in my heart and respect you greatly for your effort to make it right with me.

There is another group of people that would like to help me with my legal fees, etc. and contribute to the cause of maintaining the integrity of Raymond Franz’ works. I am very emotional as I write this as I find it hard to accept. On one hand, I want to say no and yet truth be told, it would certainly assist me. As I have pondered this, I need to humbly say yes. If you are moved to contribute even $1 for this purpose, I am deeply grateful to you.

Click the button below to make a contribution.

(go to the original page cited above to get a working PAYPAL link.)

So anyone who REALLY WANTS TO HELP can do so.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So anyone who REALLY WANTS TO HELP can do so......Nathan Natus

..........................Image result for can i get an amen

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

It seems ironic that multiple unauthorised parties and one authorised party have been able to publish various forms of the books, but the copyright owner has not for many years.

If the owner wants a commercial enterprise around the books, good on them and wish they'd get on with it.

If they just want the books out there in an orderly, 'respectful' manner and aren't bothered about profit, just covering costs, good on them and wish they'd get on with it.

If they want to hold their possession do nothing much with it except complain about what others are doing, well, that's their business.

If a general appeal for money is part of their approach to shift from inaction to action, then it seems to be an enterprise the owner is struggling to manage. I'd want to understand the owner's strategy before contributing.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Not concerned about the book's future at all.

Like a Wifibandit has said about Watchtower stuff, once it's out there on the web, it won't ever go away.

Whether it be it Shepherd the Flock of God or Crisis of Conscience, it's out there and people will continue to share, legal or not.

Much ado about nothing, in my opinion. I recognize not everyone holds the same opinion. But that doesn't affect mine.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

Is this alluding to CEDARS again? Apologies Nathan if mis-understood.

Wasn't this book too from 30 odd years back? Not sure about copyright stuff.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex
    so agree with Cappytan
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Scotty-rex said, "...Not sure about copyright stuff."

Yes, that is obvious. Sadly, you're not alone.

• talesin
    talesin

I've sat here for half an hour, chatted with my roommate, deciding whether to post this or not. But Nathan, I support your OP completely. Thank you for making it. And I reiterate:

Now, I decided that I will just say what's on my mind, because this really sticks in my craw.

As far as I'm concerned, it all comes down to three questions: "Do you have any respect for this man, Ray Franz? Do you feel comfortable with disrespecting his dying wishes? Are you saying that you have the same respect for the Watchtower Publishing Company as you do for this person, who only asks that you not steal his legacy?"

If your answer to questions 2 and/or 3 is "yes", then our moral compasses point in different directions.

Oh, and if you are a Christian - WWJD? Hmmmmmm?

That's my 2 cents. If you don't like it, then as the great Bart-man says ...

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Help whom to do what exactly?

Some people have expressed regret that they participated in putting up free PDF’s and have requested to make some kind of restitution ...
    There is another group of people that would like to help me with my legal fees, etc. and contribute to the cause of maintaining the integrity of Raymond Franz’ works.

To pay restitution, someone else's legal fees (for what?) and something ambiguous about integrity of Franz' works?

Once we get to people urging others to pay money, something more clear is warranted.

• Ucantnome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit