LOOK! Something new and shiny!

by stuckinarut2 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Isn't it amazing just how easily distracted the average witness is?

With the flood of stuff being produced and uploaded on the website, from embarrassing corny videos and songs, to music for kids, to cartoons etc, the average witness has no time to actually stop and think about the actual doctrines or facts about the organisation. Nor the past, nor the scandals being exposed by real news outlets and media.

Its like being force fed fast food designed to keep them from getting hungry...and to prevent them from looking for real substance....

• park ave boy
    park ave boy

Isn't that the whole point? Obfuscate, bury with mundane man made doctrines, deny, lie and tell your members NOT to do any research online and IF they do happen to see ANYTHING negative then it is because that bad guy named Satan is out to get them. Oh man, they got this whole cult thing locked down.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes this new use of Tablets is being used extensively in modern countries to brainwash kids and everyone else.

There is a data information war going on right now where the inter-net is full of information exposing the harmful corruption of this organization.

The WTS heads have realized that so they have strategically pushed out its own self supporting propaganda, via its own web site.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, and yet it is only a click or two away to a wealth of online facts.....for anyone mildly curious!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    It's easy to be distracted when you want to be distracted. I can't imagine that every JW doesn't have something that they question or don't understand or feel is wrong with the cult. They crave the distractions because it helps them to push that to the back to think about something else.
  • sir82
    sir82

Isn't that the whole point?

Yes, it most certainly is.

I find it most significant that "Reasoning From the Scriptures" is now out of print, added to the pile of discarded "old light".

No longer is there even any attempt at "reasoning". Tell people the condensed, simplified message - show a facile emotionally appealing video - if they don't immediately accept it at face value, move on to the next mark.

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

People rarely discuss doctrine anymore. The organization plays on people's emotions in such a way that you don't even care because you're living the "best life ever!" There's even a part in next weeks CLAM meeting about living that very subject!

Everything is designed now to focus around the future, the exciting construction and Armaggedon being around the corner. Everyone gets so wrapped up in their emotions that no body considers if the beliefs are true or wonder why certain doctrines are casually being changed.

Im guilty of having believed/behaved in that manner. It took several months of being DFed to see how convoluted everything is and to wake up.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

This post reminded me of the 'Truman show' it was all a constructed reality. The society has created a cognitive paradigm of duplicity, when we show up here is because were suspicious of our perceived reality and need answers.

Thanks Simon for a place to vent.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    stuckinarut2

You are right - its all about distraction and keeping people so so busy now. Anything to keep them from having time to process the bullshit and contradictory messages they send out all the time.

In fact - I don't think there are 5% of JWs who could even explain the current beliefs accurately.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    ttdtt, from my experience you are totally right that not many witnesses can explain their teachings anymore. My own wife can't really explain the teachings and isn't even sure what the current beliefs are in many cases. I won't go into detail but let me say that recently my wife had to ask me - ASK ME - what she her beliefs were on a certain subject (meaning what was the correct witness stance)!!! I politely told her the WTS view and she was like 'oh ok' and we moved on. Plain weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit