UKIP giving doorstep campaigns a bad name, insist Jehovah’s Witnesses

by cofty 9 Replies latest social humour

• cofty
    cofty
    Jehovah’s Witnesses have today claimed that the concept of knocking on someone’s door and talking them into believing in the same crazy things as you could disappear thanks to right-wing bullshit....
  • Simon
    Simon

Wow, never thought I'd appreciate right-wing bullshit but it turns out, there is a tangible benefit to it (beyond comedy).

• freddo
    freddo
    Very funny. Love it!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I should show this to the next JW who knocks on my door , they would probably say it was evidence of persecution .LOL

smiddy

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Was this supposedly said by a JW? - Or is it a British humour I have not understood?

Jehovah’s Witness Simon Williams told us, “For years people have just about tolerated us knocking on their door to talk to them about Jesus, blood transfusions, and where black people come from – but now folks are just too afraid of the doorbell.

“Who wants to open their door when there is a strong possibility you’ll be subjected to a load of bullshit from a right-wing moron who believes that your morning commute takes too long because of immigrants?

“At least when we are at your door we have some nice fairy stories to tell you about heaven and stuff – I mean, who wants to hear about millions of Turkish terrorists swimming the Channel to reach our shores?”

• KateWild
    KateWild

Old Hippie,

It's satire humour. JWs didn't really comment.....someone is taking the piss.

Kate xx

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Voter Jane Matthews told us, “If someone is going to interrupt me watching Coronation Street, then they better be offering me something better than a plan to send back Pavel who lives next door.

“I want eternal salvation and a mansion in the clouds, as a minimum" - great stuff!

@TheOldHippie - it's British humour.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It wasn't bad, but I've read better WT satire.

On an interesting note, there actually is some anecdotal evidence that the D2D work might become a thing of the past even for JWs.

• cofty
    cofty

Actually it isn't WT satire.

See Newsthump.com

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

But, the noble Duke of York DID have 10,000 men!

I learned this in nursery school, so it must be true!

I TEACH this in nursery school!

My life is a lie...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit