This week's "Give Us Your Money" meeting item.

by freddo 46 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

If you went to it, (or go later this week) how was it handled? Just the video or some commentary too?

I have heard of a few negative comments from some that attended - one jw even openly said to me "not very encouraging, all they go on about is money lately" and another (a serving elder, no less) said "someone's got to pay for all those lawsuits". (He didn't say "child abuse" but I'm sure that is what he meant)

Yet another said "I haven't donated for months and I wont start now!"

Of course everyone else claps and nods their heads, but this constant money talk is causing a few ripples.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    freddo - I have heard of a few negative comments from some that attended

Good!

all they go on about is money lately

This seems to be waking some up.

A jobo spy told me about how they were saying that if you give money Jar-Hoover will love you even after you're dead. Which brings into question when they think 'armageddon(tm)' will come.

Of course everyone else claps and nods their heads

Dare they do anything else?

Speaking of money.................................

In 2016, the recommended retail price of a Freddo has risen to 25 pence, representing an increase of 2 pence a year since 2000. According to a new report from Vouchercloud - the grandly-titled Freddo Index – if the cost had risen in line with inflation, a Freddo would now set you back just 15p.

Image result for freddo

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    one jw even openly said to me "not very encouraging, all they go on about is money lately" and another (a serving elder, no less) said "someone's got to pay for all those lawsuits"

Wow I wish I was in your congregation

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

punkofnice: Speaking of money....... price of a Freddo has risen to 25 pence

where have you been?????

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/outrage-freddo-price-rises-30p/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYf7eUFM5wQ

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    darkspilver - where have you been?????

Not eating Freddos?

30p? 30p?

The price of choccy is a pet peeve of mine. I'm glad I'm not a jobo giving my choc money to the 'CONtribulation box'.......you know...how Sofia gives her ice cream money.

I've heard rumbles from the local jobos that 'it's all about money, now.'

Long may the GB suffer.

• St George of England
    St George of England

November 20-16 is another item, "Jehovah wants us to be generous"

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwbmw_201601_1_VIDEO

Could this also be about giving money? Can't manage to watch it just before lunch.....

George

• freddo
    freddo

Love the Freddo references!

NBD said: "Wow I wish I was in your congregation."

To be totally accurate - the elder I quoted was in another cong. that shares the hall where they had the same item - and our conversation was prompted by me asking him why we kept on having all these money items.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Unfortunately I'll be visiting "the only place of true-worship in the area" tonight as part of my abuse of the org! I was sent the following YouTube clip by a former elder who also acknowledges the WTBT's cult status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PdT4KzzO2g&t=49m0s

I truly look forward to hearing the sound of the wind and tumble-weeds rolling past in the K.H. as the Borg worshippers silently adopt glazed expressions at the non-stop money-grab.

Keep turning that particular thumb-screw button G.B. The "friends" can only benefit from it.

• sir82
    sir82

The guy doing our part said, "Jehovah wants us to give freely, not out of compulsion. If we don't give willingly, Jehovah doesn't want it."

Works for me! I haven't wanted to "give to Jehovah" for years.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    sir82 - The guy doing our part said, "Jehovah wants us to give freely, not out of compulsion. If we don't give willingly, Jehovah doesn't want it."

Blimey. Talk about a double speak. Hilarious nonsense.

Anyroad up. I thought everything belonged to grumpy old Hoover face in the sky? ....how come the god of all creation needs money?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit