Rolf Furuli Disfellowshipped Last Week

by Sea Breeze 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

He was not just an elder - he is a former CO, a former DO, the main speaker at numerous conventions, an extremely nice, friendly and knowledgeable man - AND he was a consultant / proof reader for the 1984 NWT of the Hebrew Scriptures (OT).

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Rolf left the JWS organization for the truth , how ironic .

It seems his conscience couldn't handle the false apostate doctrines of the WTS anymore.

As time progresses I think this will happen more to practicing JWS, CO's elders etc.

No doubt the false doctrines of the WTS/JWS assisted in expanding the organization worldwide operating as a religious publishing house but those doctrines were not scripturaly supported in how to preach and teach the new Kingdom order.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    AND he was a consultant / proof reader for the 1984 NWT of the Hebrew Scriptures (OT).

Have you got a source for that?
    My understanding is Furuli began his studies in the 80s or 90s, and that he was involved in translation of the NWT into Norwegian, but not the English NWT. In 1984 the English NWT was presumably still Fred Franz’s responsibility, with helpers because of his failing eyesight.
  • jp1692
    jp1692

No surprise there.

The WTBTS/JW religion is a cult. They don’t care about facts or truth, just blind unquestioning obedience.

• LV101
    LV101

Well, Sea B - lol - I sure like the sound of it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I remember a year or so back. Marcus Vaughn and Vinnie Vincent had youtube videos of a soon to be governing body member as a 'closet' apostate. Maybe even 1 or 2 members of the sort.

Which would explain all the leaked videos and documents.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

well, ex bro Furuli--whoever you are--you will get a warm welcome here.

the same goes for any other big watchtower noises.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    RolRod
    So they just made one of their staunch supporter into an enemy, sounds good

Galatians 4: 16, 17

16 So, then, have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth? 17 They are zealous to win you over, but not for a good purpose; they want to alienate you............

Finally a scripture that makes sense!
    just saying!
  • BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

Conspiracy theory of the day 😋

What if Furuli was disfellowshipped as part of a plan? He remains a hidden "JW" outside the the org and can now support org teachings time to time as a worldy Bible Scholar, openly. He may write a few or publish already "written" academic studies in this period, regarding 607, NWT, 1914 etc and once collected enough reputation or during "zenith" of his performance, he would admit jw is the "only true religion" and asks for readmission.... Return to source with maybe some extra sheep.... tadaa! ... Scheme would work and it will.

This would explain his praising jw, blood and other contradictions in his book. After Russia hoax, now anything is probable. 😎

"Do not lay hands upon anyone too hastily...."

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I applaud Furuli for speaking up against the Watchtower scam and deceit, what I don't understand is how he denies that the Governing Body protects pedophiles. He also writes in his book that he still beleives the JW cult is the true religion. He also defends the 607 date for the fall of Jerusalem. Typical JW doublespeak."

The governing body does not protect pedophiles. How can they? JWs are the true religion. 607 is the date for the start of the gentile times, but not the date of the fall of Jerusalem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit