Official Watchtower representative at Government / Religion meeting in Austria

by Gorbatchov 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Part 3 of maybe not so relevant information, but nice to know and opening my eyes during the past years, were this pictures of an official Watchtower representative attending a meeting between the Austrian government and the country's main religions. I don't know who the representative is, no names, no face, I cut and past it from some website.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    So what? A Meeting between some government institution and representatives of religious groups, what's the problem? Does that have to be some conspiracy-thing? The government perhaps wants to discuss some planned changes in legislation towards religious groups and wishes the opinion of the named groups. Perhaps they want to know how the climate can be better between them and the groups. Perhaps they want to know whether the groups want to be involved in some charity work towards refugges - who knows? Two pictures, so what?
  • Listener
    Listener
    No wonder you can't identify them as they have set themselves associating with Christendom and other false religions.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    They say to stay separate but don't apply it to themselves. Hypocrites!!!
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

oldhippy hi I wrote in a related toppic that there is nothing wrong with a meeting like this. I think it is just a good thing.

My main point is that the internal perception of jw.org is that it's wrong, and if a JW at a local level does the same he will be ousted.

That's the hypocritical point of the organization I hate so much.

• Crazy Angel
    Crazy Angel

Hypocrisy on highest level.

Me:I have to confess I ate on a birthday cake but its not my intention.

Eldub:we will investigate.

Me: f*ck.

• Room 215
    Room 215
    Old Hippie, your constant nay-braying is really beyond tiresome; if you can't see that the WT's atttendance as events such as these is blatant hyprocrisy given all they've said about dalliances with world politics and false religion, you need a new pair of glasses.
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I believe it was 1986 when the UN declared the year of peace and the WT called out other religions for attending related events...there were even pictures of this in the WT. Meanwhile they don't have any issues meeting in secret and being associated with the image of the beast.

• steve2
    steve2

Old Hippie, your constant nay-braying is really beyond tiresome; if you can't see that the WT's atttendance as events such as these is blatant hyprocrisy given all they've said about dalliances with world politics and false religion, you need a new pair of glasses.

I'm not saying there is not a Watchtower representative present at that event. But how do we know a Watchtower representative is even there?

I'm open to evidence - but placing two photos on a post and asserting there is a JW representative at a government-level event requires some form of identifying where the JW is in the photos and who he is.

It's not that I disbelieve it - I'm just waiting for necessary information to back it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit