Canadian Branch Office directed a congregation to lock the door during the meetings

by Watchtower-Free 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

In my safe European country without any persecution issues, KH Doors are normally locked during meetings for as long as I can remember.

John 20:19 is used as the basis for this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It all depends where the KHs are , some are located in lets say a bad area of town.

The scripture quoting is hilarious, well if Jesus returns and doesn't want outsiders to know about it, I guess you better lock the door.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    After 9/11 they started locking the KH I attended.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    There have been some unsavory visitors that have walked into the KH's I remember some drunk men smelling of urine wanting to sit in a row where some children were sitting.I know, it's shutting the doors to the kingdom from such deserving ones, but they do smell.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Can't let the Kool-Aid drinkers slip out before it's their turn, now. :wink:
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

The door is locked, yes. So people can't come in. But, even if it's locked, nearly every door got a panic-handle. So, if there's trouble, you come out of the hall with no delay. Also, I think it sound strange, but no big deal in reality and I'm fine with it.

Also the mainentrance to the hall and parkinglots locked, also for safetyreasons. It's easier, to sit in the cong an to know: your car is safe, you can be sure to leave as fast as you can. :D

And anybody knows the moment, you too late and have to ring the doorbell at the cong? When you step inside, all eyes looking at you. I loved it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Our KH has had locked doors for years, just common sense even in safe areas.

I remember many years ago in my parents congregation someone slipped in during the meeting and went through all the coats in the cloakroom and found a set of car keys with a remote. Took these and stole the car. I have never left anything of value in my coat ever since.

George

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am not surprised! Towards the end of my "tenure" there, I didn't feel safe, especially during small book studies. I was always afraid somebody unsavory was going to come in.

I made sure I left my nice jewelry home. It was BAD enough the religion in general was damaging, but I didn't want to be a sitting duck for people who figured a Kingdom Hall was easy pickings for whatever!!

Oh, and by the way, St. GEORGE, I don't believe I ever hung my coat up in the coat room in any hall in all the years I was a JW!... It was always at my seat with me and I didn't care how it looked to anybody... I never trusted anybody there! I feel the same about restaurants as well.

• Room 215
    Room 215

They've long ago abandoned the pretense that the Sunday "public" lecture is for anyone but the initiated JW, anyway, what with the speakers' frequent recourse to "theospeak," i,e. JW-only jargon like "circuit assembly," "pioneering," "unbaptized publisher," "Faithful Slave" etc., etc., blah, blah, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

You gotta wonder whether they really want the public at meetings anymore, so they might as well lock the doors, as long they'll let you out when you wanna barf!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit