"Young People Ask- How Can I Make Real Friends" Video

by Nosferatu 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Have any of you watched this piece of shit? A little while ago, I saw it in my mom's video collection, and I popped it in just to see what it said. It was incredibly sad to see so many brainwashed youths.

The real life drama at the end was the worst perception of "The World" that I've ever seen. It was very unrealistic. I was pissed off when the JW girl went out on date with the worldly dude, and they didn't even get it on in the back seat of his car.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Was that the video where they implied that if a spiritual young woman is friends with worldly boys she will be raped like Dinah? That video was ridiculous.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Yeah, the YPA video! I had totally forgotten. To be honest, the girl who played the main "sister" turned me on a little.

But the part that drove me nuts was the end. I'm fetching this from way back, but as I recall, the previously-misguided-but-newly-reformed Witness sister is confronted by one of her slutty worldly associates at the end, in the school parking lot or something. And, when the sister breaks off the friendship, the slutty worldly associate says something like, "Are you saying that God doesn't approve of me?" Or something like that. Watching the video, palms sweating as they gripped the remote control in breathless anticipation, I waited for the sister to answer, to tell the worldly slutty girl the truth -- that God doesn't approve of worldly slutty girls like her (and, of course, all worldly girls are slutty), and that the only way to escape certain death was put as much space between herself and whatever worldly slutty girl associates she may once have had, so the birds of prey don't accidentally clip her haloed Witness head as they swoop in for destruction.

But, of course, that wasn't the answer. Nothing even close Instead, with a facade of sincerity nearly unfathomable, she sweetly smiled and said (something like), "Oh, NOOOOO, it's just that we don't have a lot in common." It was the "oh nooooo" (my mnemonic equivalent of whatever was actually said) that got me. The sickly sweet, gooey untruth of it. The whirling sidestepping of doctrine. My vague feelings of arousal and anger. It was strange.

Dedalus

• riz
    riz

ROTFLMAO @ dedalus

Yes, I watched it at my friend's parents' house. Fortunately we watched it before dinner. I wouldn't have been able to keep my food down if we saw it after we ate.

• riz
    riz

by the way.... my friend's parents weren't home when we watched it. There wasn't anything on tv so we just popped it in the vcr for shits and giggles.

I'd say that the shit-to-giggle ratio was almost equal. Kids are smart. I think (hope) even witness kids will see this video for what it really is- icky smelly propaganda.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Dedalus, you're exactly correct. They are liars. Too ashamed of their own doctrine. What is even worse is that the leadership who made this video made up the doctrine too. They're ashamed of the doctrine they made up.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I hated this shit.

I really, really did hate it.

The scenario that young woman was in was ridiculous. Notice how the society tries to make everybody outside the borg look evil !?!?

The bit that really pissed me off was her family ; do you remember how it was a typical Witness family set up ? Mommy and daddy both so strong in the borg, like that is the case with everybody

The real side of the borg that this video showed was plain ignorance to social and family circles; themselves never having to live in the outside world never knew. For me, seeing the typical family scenario in full flow was sickening, they totally turned their backs on those that maybe struggled with divided households.

I hated that shitty video. 6 months after watching it, I stopped going.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Geez...I didn't even know about it.

Hmm...wonder if it would have helped me?

It'd be funny if you were skillful with video tape editing: IMAGINE the possibilities of splicing tapes with other tapes, and create your own Disfellowshipping offense ending.

• rem
    rem

Haha, I remember this video. Our congregation actually had a movie night where we watched the movie during the Service Meeting. It was quite exciting! Titillating, even. It was still pretty bad, though. If Farkel were in the audience there woulda bee split pea soup all over the place!

rem

• shamus
    shamus

I would love to see that video propaganda! They are so brain-warped, I could only imagine how "wholesome" everything is... Loving parents, everything is beautiful...

OH MY GOD, WORLDY ASSOSIATION! I'M GONNA GET RAPED! AAAAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!

MOMMY AND DADDY WERE RIGHT, I NEED TO KEEP ALL MY FRIENDS IN THE BORG! THEY'RE MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN THOSE HORRIBLE WORLDY PEOPLE. GOD, FORGIVE ME!

Give me a freakin' break!

Social misfits!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit