Gilead School Courses

by VM44 13 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

According to long repeated rumor, Gilead grads last , on average, a couple years.

Their productivity is often low because the Watchtower doesn't bother teaching them a language - which can be draining

if your next assignment involves Urdu or Xhosa. In addition, they commonly get debilitating tropical illnesses for years

afterwards - since they may not have immunity to local diseases and may not be able to turn down that glass of water

offered by friendly natives - that gives them dysentery. No joke, I've known some.

metatron

• rocketman
    rocketman

I noticed a few years back that now it seems to be only married couples graduating. I do recall at times men outnumbering women or vice-versa. I would imagine that they no longer want to send singles into a foreign land. Anyone know any more about this?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Hebrew Scriptures, Greek Scriptures,

All this bulls*** differentiation between them and mainstream Christendom! It is of course a reference to the Old and New Testaments.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey Rocketman,

I noticed a few years back that now it seems to be only married couples graduating. I do recall at times men outnumbering women or vice-versa.

The WTS developed the Ministerial Training School which is designed for single elders or ministerial servants and trains them during an 8-week period. The curriculum is described as:

9/8/93 Awake p 18
    During the eight-week school, students undertake an intensive study of the Bible. They carefully consider a wide range of Bible teachings, including counsel on shepherding responsibilities and guidelines for handling problems in Christian living. They also learn what the Scriptures teach about administrative, judicial, and organizational matters. They receive specialized training in public speaking and receive personal attention from caring instructors, who assist them in their spiritual development.

Single sisters are rare at Gilead. Usually, they are sisters who are engaged to a brother in a previous Gilead class, or who are from families with pull at Bethel.

The WTS wants brothers to send to areas where the local brothers need to be trained in the administrative procedures and policies of the organization. They aren't looking for preachers.

So the students at Gilead tend to be married couples now.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit