Tv's in Kingdom hall

by dothemath 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

So now that the Borg has taken all of the congregations money, there was just a resolution to get all new tv's, etc for the stage for the new meeting format.

i wasn't there, but it was a large sum. Somebody mentioned over 3000$.

All the congregations in the city are likely doing the same thing, and are getting all the equipment from Bethel.

I was wondering if this was happening all most everywhere?

Can't see it in third world countries( might not even have internet)

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Everywhere that I know of. I think that KHs that can't get internet access will have to download the videos offsite and bring them to the KH.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I wonder who gets the contract for fulfilling those orders. Some insider stands to make a huge amount of money.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Just another step towards the inevitable.

TV screens will eventually do the lion's share of the indoctrinating. The big blue hypno-globe spinning ever so slowly lulling the congregations into a nice sleepy state of "switching off" mentally so their weakened minds can drink in more koolaid of "listen....obey....be bessed.....for the greater good...worship the GB.....donate more time, more money....you're all worthless and weak....."

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Sparrow, so true. Instead of being put to sleep by lousy local speakers dubs will be dozing to the lousy speakers from Beth-Hell. :)
  • sir82
    sir82

TV screens will eventually do the lion's share of the indoctrinating.

The current schedule for the CLAM is that once a month there will be video shows instead of student demos. Videos currently are shown frequently in service meeting parts.

I agree, it is almost certain that in the not-too-distant future, likely as much as half of all meetings will be video streams.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

wow, and it seems like not so long ago, they would stand up on the platform and recommend everyone leave their cell phones in the car...

wonder how some of the older ones feel about their elders and parts of the meeting being replaced with video...

takes all the personal effort away from the younger ones to become ministerial servants, Why bother?

soon, the Sunday talk will be on the monitor,.. ax the visiting speakers. there goes having to 'host' the speaker and his family, to 'get to know them' and make new friends.

How can anyone think this is all 'good'? I can hear my mom defending the changes now..."oh this saves so much time, brothers no longer have to drive around , with gas so expensive... and people being so busy... and how exciting that we can hear talks from the G.B.!"

and yet deny its a form of Idol worship...

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes, and TV's now seen throughout assembly hall lobbies too now. Like large 48'' TV's perched-up in two corners of the assembly hall lobbies. Not to mention ATM's in assembly hall lobbies also.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

maybe it will all backfire. how many weak dubs will lose interest when all it is--is watching a boring tv programme they would never dream of watching at home.

i wonder if there will be advert breaks ?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

All the congregations in the city are likely doing the same thing, and are getting all the equipment from Bethel.

I'm guessing headquarters got the equipment at some bulk rate and will sell it to the congregations for more. (think mandatory use of society sanctioned hotel rooms during the District Conventions)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit