Scientology Documentary on ABC

by jw07 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

Right now two JWs in my family are watching a documentary about Scientology and laughing at the 'crazy things that people believe'. Isn't it ironic? On the other hand I've never seen them watch something like this before.

I'm making sure to laugh loudly at things that parallel JW beliefs and behaviours in order to bring attention to them.

I hope they are curious enough to watch a similar expose on JWs should it air on network TV.

Yeah right, wishful thinking.

• jw07
    jw07
    Gee...they got awfully silent when the practice of 'disconnection' came up. I smell some dissonance, not that they would ever admit it though.
  • jw07
    jw07
    Ooops...they got disinterested soon after, said they were tired, and went to bed. As expected!
  • Simon
    Simon
    There's a reason cults like the WTS never talk much about other cults - too many similarities that would trigger people to start thinking and noticing that they weren't so different.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

Ooops...they got disinterested soon after, said they were tired, and went to bed. As expected!

Too funny. When it starts getting close to home--they bail. They can't even deal with it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes....same thing happened when I told my super righteous mother to watch that film "going clear"!

It was all laughs until the parallels occurred....

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It's amazing how they can't see the forest for the trees. I have numerous times been able to discuss the jws right under there noses using another brand name e.g mormon / Muslim / scientology, and they are totally clueless, what I'm getting at

• jw07
    jw07
    It makes me really sad because both of them are / were in professions that require logic and reasoning (one is retired).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit