These guys just freak me out!

by John Aquila 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Ok, I didn’t think anything about it. But last night some friends from across the city called me up and said that the CO was visiting their Hall and in his talk he said that the Society is getting geared up for a massive Kingdom Hall and assembly hall construction project worldwide next year. They told the publishers; "GET READY"

He encouraged those with skills and young brothers to be ready to say the words;

(Isaiah 6:8) . . .“Here I am! Send me.”

Those that can’t volunteer, if they want to support Jehovah’s work, they can show their loyalty by donating money on a regular basis, for construction work, APART from what they pledge for the Kingdom Hall.

I hung up and laughed.

Then I saw a post by wifibandit today that confirms what this brother told me last night.

What is going on?

I thought the WT has stopped all construction.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The reality is in order for the money to keep coming in they need to tell the members their building, but of course we know that they are not building their pocketing the money.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I thought the WT has stopped all construction.

It's my understanding that the announcement concerning the halt in construction was only given at Bethel, and nothing was said to the local Congs. It will take some time for it to filter down from NY to R&F. And that might take longer than usual, since Bethelites might want to NOT gossip about negative stuff.

Doc

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Sounds like a new gimmick to get donations coming in since the May broadcast, ice cream plea and all other did not work.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Crazyguy
    The reality is in order for the money to keep coming in they need to tell the members their building, but of course we know
    DesirousOfChange
    It's my understanding that the announcement concerning the halt in construction was only given at Bethel, and nothing was said to the local Congs

So we're the only ones who know besides the GB and Bethelites? WTF

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I spoke to my wife a week ago or so about the bethel layoffs and the biulding stoppage. She had been told about the bethel layoff, the spin that they need more pioneers but nothing about the special pioneer stoppage or the building stoppage. It's all about the spin.
  • kairos
    kairos

Maybe, they put this out there, the work stoppage, to set up the apostates into publishing "lies".

Very sneaky, WT bethel internet truth corporation helpers!
    ( WT b.i.t.c.h. )

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    kairos

Maybe, they put this out there, the work stoppage, to set up the apostates into publishing "lies".

I was thinking the same thing K. We've been set up.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

The money is sorely needed for lawsuit settlements worldwide.

SL

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

I don't think the stoppage is permanent, especially the KH and AH building. They may consolidate branches, but I fully see them continuing the KH and AH building next year. KHs and AHs are one measure that the R&F see as growth. Branches only supply the material and don't necessarily indicate growth, especially if the same information can be supplied with a consolidated setup. If they stopped building KHs and AHs, then the R&F would know that something was amiss.

There's also the speculation that they are planning on reselling KHs as a revenue stream. Can't do that if they don't build them. I don't think that's their intention. They don't seem smart enough to pull off a scam like that. Too many leaks anyway to keep it quiet. I think they are deluded into thinking that they are God's channel and need the KHs to continue the growth. Remember they said that there is big increase in attendance when a new KH is built. So that would also help increase their revenue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit