I Agree With the Circuit Overseer!!

by The Searcher 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

When I was just studying, the C.O. was brought to my home for a "visit".

The only thing I can remember from his conversation is this - (and the principle is so true, I'm going to use it)

"Searcher, if you're talking to someone about the Bible and they don't accept three scriptures as proof about the subject, then don't waste your time trying to give them thirty scriptures, because they clearly don't want to hear the truth."

Three truths I am prepared to discuss with other J.W.'s:

If they ignore or try to dismiss them, I won't bother them again - it's not me they're dismissing or ignoring.

1) The "circumcision issue" was resolved by Paul's revelation, not by an alleged "governing body." (Galatians 2:1,2)

2) The non-Israelites in the exodus became God's people and full participants in the Law Covenant. (Deut. 29:10-15)

3) There are no such things as "new" scrolls - the scrolls are opened after the 1000 years, not during them! (Rev. 20:12)

There are clearly an increasing number of lurkers here - go ahead and "test the inspired expressions" to see where they originate from.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How about asking witnesses to prove using scriptures that the GB is gods channel of communication and direction?

Oh Matthew 25:45-47 they say?

How about vs 11-12?

Yet, haven't they been consistent wrong about predicting the end?

Oh prov 4:18 they say?

How about the context that shows the real meaning behind that verse is not about changing doctrines, but rather about good vs be people.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The thing I would take issue with is: "they clearly don't want to hear the truth".

With hindsight I now realize that what people rejected was JW/WT interpretation of scripture, not the truth. Many that I spoke to may have had a far better grasp of what the Bible actually says than I had at the time.

• carla
    carla

How different Christians feel than jw's about trying to convert somebody. I know a Christian friend who was trying to convert a friend from eastern traditions to Christianity, how did this work? they kept at it for years and years, they became great friends. The Christian friend was at his friends bedside when he died. He never gave up trying to tell him about Jesus, not his religion, just Jesus. They had many great conversations and learned much from each other.

Imagine what a loss it would have been if he had the 3 scripture rule?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Carla - it seems clear that the individual in question was prepared to discuss things - JW.'s either refuse or are too terrified to talk about anything which could disprove their glorified G.B.'s teachings.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not a fan of using scriptures to debate anyone anything. The Bible can be used to say whatever you want and most verses can be read a dozen ways if you want to.

Having said that I'll always remember a simple statement on a really old forum back in 2000. Always stuck with me. It simply said:

"Matthew 8:11 - proof the Watchtower is lying to you!"

Never found a convincing argument to that one.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I don't remember where I heard this:

Using scriptures to try to prove a point, is like throwing ping pong balls at a brick wall.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I know!! There isn't anything in the Bible about having to belong to an Organization, period!!
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Nor only that but in Revelations Satan is destroyed BEFORE the resurrection, not after. People don't have to live the 1000 yrs and then be tested again.

The second death refers to people who are found unworthy for life after their judgement. They died, were questioned, found unfit, and are off to permanent destruction they go.They are not people who are 'tested' again.

Also, your former wife, isn't your wife anymore. For Jesus himself said, the resurrected are like the angels. Neither male nor female.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit