My parents died from the corona virus

by Hotpepper 24 Replies latest jw friends

• under the radar
    under the radar

So sorry to hear this, Hotpepper. I hope they enjoyed their (relatively) long lives together. I know from personal experience how heartbreaking it is to lose a parent. I can’t imagine how much worse it must be to lose them both at the same time.

About a year and a half ago, I lost 3 family members within a month. They all lived hundreds of miles apart and died of natural causes, though my cousin was a bit younger than I. I also lost two favorite aunts in this month (May), one on Mother’s Day and the other 6 days later. Coincidentally, both were 84. They too lived hundreds of miles apart and died of natural causes unrelated to Covid-19.

I’m just sharing this to say that you are not alone. It’s good you have so many friends and acquaintances here to offer their condolences and understanding. I hope you find peace and comfort in the days ahead. Take care.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Condolences

BTDT, as have many

It is a sobering thing to realize that few reach 90.

Loss of a mate many times takes the will from the survivor. In some ways it is a blessing to go together.

• Simon
    Simon

So sorry the hear that. Losing your parents is never easy but it's especially difficult so close together and in some trying and stressful circumstances where contact may have been missed out on.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I am so sorry. My condolences to you.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Hotpepper;

condolences

• cofty
    cofty

That is really sad. My condolences Hotpepper.

• Still-out
    Still-out

Sending condolences and healing wishes your way, Hotpepper

• Dagney
    Dagney

Condolences Hotpepper. Losing both so close together is rough, and you must be going through a range of emotions and thoughts, for so many reasons.

May you have peace and comfort during this difficult time. 🥀

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Hotpepper ...

Extremely sad. This virus thing is affecting us in many ways.

If I can offer a perspective that may not resonate with some, but through experience:

Back in the late 1970's, my grandparents were alive, I was a teenager. My grandfather (elder) died from a stroke in his mid 80's. My grandmother, a lifelong colportuer / pioneer died a week later. I guess it was a heart attack, stress or the acceptance that it was the end.

As my grandfather once told me, he could not remember not being married to my grandmother (he was 17, she was 18 getting married).

It may very well be that there was a great deal of love between your parents. Not having that person at his/her side may have been an incredible burden.

I wish you and them forever peace.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

My Condolences

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit