You are tomato sauce...

by rrb2016 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

The Wife and I went to the Memorial strictly out of respect for my Mother-in-Law last night. Luckily our 20 month-old grand-baby was restless and making noise, so I quickly volunteered to take him in the back. So I didn't have to listen to the presentation. We hung out in the library/'elders interrogation" room. Surprisingly, I noticed they have a lot of "old" light books in the library, ones I remember from the book studies in the 70's.

One thing that I did hear...an illustration of the "two groups." The speaker likened the groups to tomatoes. He said that there are the first, really good tomatoes - and then there are the extras, the "bumper crop." The annointed are apparently the first tomatoes, used for salads and things like that. The second group, are the kind of tomatoes that you use for tomato sauce and ketchup and things like that. I was like WTF. What a weird analogy.

Also, I remember when growing up, the memorials were always packed with extra chairs having to be brought in...last night there were a smattering of empty seats in the main auditorium, no extra chairs needed. And about five or so people in the "second school" (maybe people that were disfellowshipped?)

Oh, and I saw a couple who's parents studied with my parents in the "Truth" book in the late 60's. I have not seen them in like 30-40 years. I am 50, so they must be in their 70's. I couldn't believe how old they were...and was saddened that they have given their whole lives to the cult...still waiting for the "new system."

• Tech49
    Tech49

How odd......Our speaker also had the tomatoes illustration. Hmm.... same guy, overweight white dude????

Give me an idea where you were, and we will see!

• rrb2016
    rrb2016
    Central Oregon...the speaker was from New York...
  • baker
    baker

A Salafi group called the "Popular Egyptian Islamic Association" has warned Muslims against eating tomatoes on the grounds that the fruit is a "Christian food," NowLebanon.com has reported.

The group based its claim on the fact that a shape resembling a cross is revealed when one cuts a tomato in half.

The association published the warning on its Facebook page with a photo of a tomato cut in half, revealing a cross-shaped interior.

A message posted on the page read, "Eating tomatoes is forbidden because they are Christian. [The tomato] praises the cross instead of Allah and says that Allah is three [in reference to the Holy Trinity]."

The message went on to say, "I implore you to spread this photo because there is a sister from Palestine who saw the Prophet of Allah in a vision and he was crying, warning his nation against eating [tomatoes]. If you don’t spread this [message], know that it is the devil who stopped you.”

OMG a tomato illustration from a cult, counseling the tomato represents the cross, who can you believe anymore?
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze

Hmmm… “First” tomatoes, or “extras?”

Both are meant to be consumed and then flushed away as waste.

Here is the variety that uses such dehumanizing illustrations:

"Buy their fruits — You shall know them!" (TM)

• millie210
    millie210

Maybe they will do a broadcast on tomatoes.

Dont laugh! Did you ever think they would do one on bread?

You know, just keeping the trend going...

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Tomato sauce is yummy. I'm going to anoint the Flying Spaghetti Monster with it.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    That illustration is an insult! It implies that the anointed are inherently better people than the other sheep. I doubt that illustration would have been approved by Watchtower. I believe the outline gives the speaker the freedom to use his own illustration based on local culture. This speaker's choice of illustration was thoughtless.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Do not exalt yourselves so said Jesus yet they do not follow his comamnments.
  • Tech49
    Tech49

And so there you have it... confirmation via PM's....... we were at the same location as rrb2016.

Its a small world after all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit