Spiritual Paradise Watchtower Style

by Vanderhoven7 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
  • fulano
    fulano

That handkerchief in Lett’s pocket πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks for posting. Just watched and downloaded a copy for future reference.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I'm not convinced they are simpletons. The organization is carrying out a massive con-trick - a media company aiming at taking over people's moral compasses.

If you are a con-man and get found out, a useful tool in your box is humour. "Oh it was only a joke." GB members laugh, can look a bit clownish. Then its easy for the audience to not expect perfection or blamelessness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh27CeneQ0c

GB don't compare well to Noah.

Gen 6:9 - This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Is that tie trying to get out and away from Stephen Lett?

How can anybody take this man seriously ?

Surely anybody new to JW and see`s this guy give a talk would never come back.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not doubt the authenticity of these clips, but it would be better to have some references to the original videos , it would be good to see the sound bites in context....

Nevertheless it cannot be anything less than presumption to claim that Isaiah was prophesying directly about modern elders...of course he was not. It may be what the best of them aspire to but certainly the vast majority fall a long way short.

[Edit.... Anna Marina, I enjoyed your Shakespear clip.... truly the JW faithfull have "slumberd here" if they continue to accept this pseudo spirituality ]

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

In my efforts to 'reverse witness' I always encourage people to watch and listen to Stephen Lett. If they can take him seriously, I know that my efforts are in vain!

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

eyeuse2badub - "In my efforts to 'reverse witness' I always encourage people to watch and listen to Stephen Lett. If they can take him seriously, I know that my efforts are in vain..."

smiddy3 - "...How can anybody take this man seriously? Surely anybody new to JWs and sees this guy give a talk would never come back."

I often can't help but suspect that the rest of the GB are, in fact, fully aware of this, and deliberately put him on specifically as a sort of bizarre litmus test.

If a current JW is so hard-core loyalist that he or she can drink Lett-flavored Kool-Aid and honestly say, "please sir, can I have some more"...

...they've got 'em for life*...

...and if a new recruit can't, well, let's be honest... they probably wouldn't want 'em anyway.

*not unlike increasingly staunch and borderline extremist rhetoric, for example...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Where is there ANY evidence of the Christian Church being in "spiritual captivity" of anything, let alone itself? So, for less than 200 years the Christian Church is A-Ok, but then for nearly 19 centuries it is in spiritual captivity until a publishing corporation's president is released from prison?

Apostolic succession is documented in the Bible starting with Matthias replacing Judas in the book of Acts. Other examples are Timothy and Titus. Their are Catholic priests living today who can trace their apostolic succession all the way back to the original 12.

It baffles my mind sometimes that I was ever a Witness.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

β€œ... there are Catholic priests living today who can trace...”

Could you elaborate please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit