Brother Tim Horton, the new service overseer

by dropoffyourkeylee 18 Replies latest social humour

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Stopped in Tim Horton's ( a donut shop) at 10:00 a m today and there were no less than 12 JWs in there from three different car groups. It took about 25-30 minutes for them all to get their orders and get on their way. That's almost 6 hours of service time in the glorious 'ministry'. Lol what a circus.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Yet they will all count the hours on their "time slips" anyway. 8 million door knockers, billions of hours, and nothing remarkable to speak of for the effort, accurate reporting or not.
  • sir82
    sir82

Yeah but one of them probably left a tract on one of the tables!

Cha-ching, don't have to "stop their time"!

Life is good!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    "Service" for the average Dub is such a charade!
  • Clambake
    Clambake

Where I live Tim Hortons is owned by an Evangelical Christian family and all employees are under strict orders to chase them down when they place their tracts and magazines.

“ Hey, You forget your magazine “

They hang out at MacDonalds now

Too funny

• TheListener
    TheListener

Every good dubbie knows that if you start your time AND THEN go to Tim Horton's you don't have to stop counting time. As long as you are balanced.

hahahahahaha Pharisees!!!!!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I'm not too concerned about anyone's right to how long they feel they need for a coffee break. With the comments I've heard on here it sounds like some, and the GB are overly concerned with the length of some coffee breaks. Maybe I'm sensitive to this because I'm one of those long coffee break people. But, I don't leave any tracks behind.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I'm not too concerned about anyone's right to how long they feel they need for a coffee break

I'm not either; they can sit at McDonald's all day long if they want. However, if they are JWs who are counting field service time, I do have a problem with it. JWs claim that the ministry is so important, billions of lives are at stake, etc., yet they do whatever they can to get out of the ministry and cheat on their time. They're supposed to be warning the world of imminent destruction??? They sure do go about it in a lackadaisical way.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Between the glazed look on the householders faces and the holes in their doctrines, it's only natural that JW's would gravitate towards the nearest donut shop when they're out in service.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

"Between the glazed look on the householders faces and the holes in their doctrines, donuts are often the first thing JW's think of when they're out in service."

LOL!! Sadly that statement is truer than one would think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit