Fair punishmnet for a "sin"?

by stuckinarut2 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I don't know. I agree with the apologists. I think David was in the wrong. Simple.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    But even if he was, did 70,000 men plus women and children need to die for it?
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    To be honest, I struggle with this too. It doesn't seem fair that there is a complete slaughter of people for just taking a census.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    To be honest, I struggle with this too. It doesn't seem fair that there is a complete slaughter of people for just taking a census.

Even disregarding that death isn't a fair punishment for a census, it's insane to think that the death of anyone other than the person committing the crime is even remotely close to a fair punishment. So what if David was in the wrong? If so, he should have died, not the innocent. It's plain and simple. The fact that anyone can try to justify that account is abhorrent to me.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

It is very interesting how David got away with all sorts of shit. There's stories in the Bible of people being killed by God for the slightest infraction, even accidental things.

David did all sorts of awful stuff and got away with it. Everyone else but him paid the price for it.

oh wait it's all make believe. who cares lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit