Are Jehovah's Witnesses A Stupid People???

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL@Eman!

Mini,

I think we're all stupid, especially me.
    Speak for yerself, mate! Ozzie
  • ballistic
    ballistic

Minimus, what about the question, "what is it that makes one accept the Watchtower doctrine? Is it simply the brain-washing which is applied or is there some deficiency on the part of the people that take it up?"

That deficiency may simply be fear, the fear generated by brain-washing which tells people not to question. You don't have to be stupid to be fearfull, although it does often seem that way in hindsight.

• minimus
    minimus

I know alot of intelligent people that do stupid things. I really don't think JW's are a stupid people. I don't think they're a happy people, either.

• sandy
    sandy

I do not think JWs as a whole are stupid. Like Francois said they are ignorant.

They are weak and nieve for the most part.

Blondie, you made an excellent point. When I was active in the org. more than anything else I heard "the society says......................"

JWs are very much programmed to think and act the way the "society" tells them to.

• minimus
    minimus

"With the Society behind us, who could ever lose?".....that's a common thought amongst Witnesses. "They know better than we do". That's something else you'll hear ,regarding the Watchtower Society. It is easy to believe that they are God's chosen people.

• sandy
    sandy

Minimus, I am not sure exactly why but your last post here reminded me of Rod Stewart's song "Reason To Believe"

Lyrics: "If I listened long enough to you I'd find a way to believe that it's all true. Knowing that you lied

straight face while I cried"

LOL

• minimus
    minimus

Wow!!! Sandy, I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it! .............Actually, I was humming the song, "It's your thang...Do what you wanna doooo.I can.....", by the Isley Brothers.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I know several that hold responsible, well paid, even executive level positions with fairly large companies. I know a couple of university professors, a couple of lawyers, some CPAs, one MD, one Chiropracter, a guy that has some kind physiology PhD, I don't think any of these people could be classified as stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit