Was There Ever A Circuit Overseer That You Couldn't Stand?

by minimus 167 Replies latest jw friends

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

I remember one guy, I forgot his name, but he put down his own mother for having a hobby and art of making pottery. I thought that was the lowest thing to say.

• man oh man
    man oh man

Haven't liked one yet!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Bruce Smith

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Chet and Rosie were staying with us the year the Buffalo Bills played the Redskins in the Super Bowl. I remember watching the game with Chet. That was 1992. At that time, Chet was in his early 60's. So I'm thinking he'd be in his 80's about now if he's not gone.

If I remember right, I think the Razors were stationed in Alaska for awhile before they had come to us in WI. I think they were used to the cold.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Bro Sterner, not sure if that is the correct spelling. He was supposedly a former professer who gave up his family for the "truth." I once asked him if I could speak to my father, who was df'd and his answer was "Why would you ever want to speak to a df'd person? I was only 19 and very

intimidated by the him. He was a big fat man. When he got cancer everyone was upset except me. I dislike the man and did not care when he died. He was so overbearing. Anybody remember him?

PHG

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Andy Laguna. Strange little man..perhaps it was because he had dementia...I think.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Present Truth - I really was pretty sure they were older than that. I was in a congregation with his son as recently as 5 years ago, and the son was in his 70's then. Maybe I have the ages mixed up somehow... if so, sorry about that.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

Hatcet man..."Terry T." Angelokis (angelokis, greek for "little angel" or so he said)... The elders in our circuit couldn't wait for him (and his wife) to be reassigned.

• minimus
    minimus

couldn't stand that asshole.

• pajaha
    pajaha

When it comes to UK COs, a few that I remember:

Clive Upton: extremely unpopular, nicknamed "Clive Uppity". I can still hear the strange way he pronounced the hard "th" in "with" s the soft "th" as in "path" - it sends shivers down my spine (not that his pronounciation was the reason he wasn't liked that). I realise this doesn't mean anything to 99% of those on the forum.

Peter Withers: nice, down-to-earth guy - well liked.

Chris Jolley: very tall guy with one leg longer than the other, as I recall. He was the last CO we had before I left. I had, I thought, cleverly avoided him by planning my exit for the week after his visit, but he came back to see me about six months after I'd left. He raised a few points against my arguments and, after he left, I had the "audacity" to look up counter-arguments, print some info and get it back to him through my father at the next meeting. He was disgusted at what he considered apostate material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit