Give Blood!

by Laika 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Laika
    Laika

Hi!

Looking for a way to stick two fingers up to the Watchtower and do something useful?

Well, ever considered giving blood? If you're eligible to do so I would encourage everyone here to go for it, the world needs more blood donors, it's always nice to help out and given our history I find there's something very enjoyable about it. :)

www.blood.co.uk

donateblood.com.au

www.redcrossblood.org

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I want to so badly. But I have extreme anxiety and phobia with needles...so every opportunity that has come up since I mentally left the organization, I have tried but chickened out last minute. Because of this stupid organization, I don't even know my blood type.
  • Laika
    Laika
    Good on you for trying cappytan!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have donated blood regularly since leaving the Cult, I also vote in every Election.

Just two things I can do now which were denied me before, it feels good to do both.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hey Laika,

Good to see your here again. Good advice I might find out about it and see if I am eligible.

Kate xx

• Laika
    Laika

Great Phizzy! :)

Hi Kate, good to be back, lots of exciting stuff going on in Watchtower world, have a lot to catch up on apparently!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m too old to donate blood apparently , so I have become an organ donor and they can have whatever is in good working order .

I can`t vouch for my kidneys or my penis I`m afraid , or for that matter my brain , having succumbed to the teachings of the W.T. many years ago .

But hey , who`s perfect.

But at least somethings better than nothing ...right ?

smiddy

• chicken little
    chicken little

Years ago when I was still in the Jw's I signed an organ donor card, even my easy going husband raised his eyebrows. I told him it was my business and if I was prepared to accept a donor organ to save my life the least I could do was to reciprocate with mine if I die. Last weekend I signed up for a blood donor program and should hear from them soon as to when I can donate. Feels good.

Chicken little

• Sabin
    Sabin

Cappy I get you I`m the same, i actually manage to have a blood test now without passing out. At one time i actually fitted scared the crap out the nurse. I can break a bloody bone in my foot & walk all day on it but give me a little prick & I just have to have someone hold my hand. But those of you who can & do

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sabin

little pricks will do it all the time , my friend , but big pricks ? , well that`s another story .

Sorry , I couldn`t resist it .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit