All About Jesus Christ

by UnDisfellowshipped 66 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hamas
    Hamas

Thats great, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, and If he is listening then sue me, but :

Since I dedicated my life to Christ, my life went downhill bigtime. Maybe I did it wrong, who knows. I certainly won't be doing it again

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear DJ, The deception of religion and the immeasurable harm that has resulted from it is a pet peeve of mine and sometimes shows up in my posts. Please accept my apology, as I do not wish to offend. And you are right, I spoke in a condescending manner. However, religious beliefs are not innocent, they have caused much destruction, and for some, it is difficult not to be angered. For me it is extremely clear the harm and suffering that has befallen mankind due to the simple act of reducing God to simply another part or fragment of the universe. By shrinking God in our minds to a place other than here and now, we have lost our way and try to find it by filling ourselves with religion which only has separated us further from each other and our true-selves. Let me just say this: is God less or more? Infinite and available if we direct attention inward as your Lord directed? Or tiny and far away, only to be realized in some other place, some other time, and only if we jump through hoops of exclusionary religion? We are free to believe in as tiny or as humanlike a god as we choose; and I understand how easily Christians are offended upon hearing of an Infinite and unlimited (and thus available) God. Christians, like every other religion, want to be special. But the fact is, we all are equally of God, and would realize that this moment if we had but ears to hear and eyes to see. There I go again. I'm no good, DJ. I'll be the first to admit it. JamesT

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

UnDisfellowshipped, I don't know if Jesus existed or not. But I do know that at the root of most all religions is a message to look within for Truth, a message that over the years has been hidden. For some strange reason I really heard the words "The Kingdom is within". They were a radical departure from all the rest of the Bible which pretty much turns ones attention back out into "Lo here, and lo there", space and time. I came to no longer accept scripture if it disparaged or limited God in anyway. So most of the Bible I threw away, or read it as only allegorical rather than fundamental. Once God, or the Source of this amazing universe is discovered to be Infinite, it becomes impossible to argue for a lesser god, one limited to space and time. Your heart just wont let you. Religion has reduced God to a thing. Just another object in a far bigger universe. What if it was just the other way around? What if the universe is in God? JamesT

• DJ
    DJ

James...apology accepted gracefully>> I'd just like you to know that I see God in Christ and I feel that he taught us to love one another. That is it in a nutshell to me. Love fulfills the law. I have no issue with anyone who lives to love because that is of God. I do however, take issue with those who twist the bible into an excuse to hate. We are taught to hate sin but love the sinner. If I see my Lord as my savior and you see Him as ? then we are at odds with our beliefs but I hope that we can agree to love. I learned love from Him, and it is humbling to me. If you knew how to love without His teachings or grace or spirit, then wow! I needed Him to teach me.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

JamesThomas,

Thanks for your comments.

I want to say that I agree 100% with you that God is Infinite, God is not bound by time or space (He created time and space), God is not contained by Heaven, God is Omnipresent (Everywhere at the same time), and God is Omniscient (Knows all things).

I believe that Jesus is the Infinite God.

I believe that everyone must come to Jesus for salvation, and then Jesus will live in your heart.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I do want to apologize for taking so long to post the links to my other Threads about Jesus Christ. I have been so busy recently, it takes me a long time to get around to posting everything that I want to post on JWD to help others.

For the last 2 months, I have been so busy, I haven't even been able to post my Weekly Threads I had started to post.

Anyway, here are the links to other Threads I have posted about my Wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ:

Is Jesus Christ the Mediator for "the Great Crowd" of the Jehovah's Witnesses? The Watchtower Society says NO: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/44139/1.ashx

Was Jesus Christ Resurrected in His Human Body of Flesh & Bones, or did Jehovah destroy Jesus Christ's Human Body, as the Watchtower Society teaches?: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/43935/1.ashx

Did the 1st Century Christians Pray TO Jesus Christ? The Watchtower Society says NO: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/44787/1.ashx

Is Jesus Christ the same Person as Michael the Archangel? The Watchtower Society says YES: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/45177/1.ashx

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit