E-Mail, Just recived. About Bethell adjustments.

by DwainBowman 64 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I just read an email from a friend, and she shared some very interesting emails from her friends about information on changes now happening at the Bethels around the world. Here is the email:

---------------------------------
    Thanks Sally, Jesus is directing the org and all decisions and instructions to us may not seem practical from now on, neither will we understand the reasonings behind many of the changes that the organization makes. How exciting are these times!
    Sent from my iPad
    According to three of my correspondents, in three entirely different locations, some major adjustments are to be made. A brother in Vancouver writes:

An announcement was made today at morning worship (at all branches worldwide) that there will be major changes in an effort to reduce or save costs. The primary goals of the changes are
    1) so that expenses will not exceed donations.
    2) to speed up the work.
    3) every aspect of the organization is being looked into in an effort to save money.
    4) certain projects will be cancelled or delayed.
    5) changes with personnel and departments in Bethel.

A sister in Essex, UK, who is helping with the British branch location and is linked in with the morning worship at London Bethel, says that a letter was read from the Governing Body this morning:

It basically said further to the broadcast about helping contribute more money as it won't last forever, they are postponing, cancelling or majorly reducing all construction work, worldwide. This includes reducing bethel family drastically, and reducing the services they get while on bethel, like getting more to do their own laundry and housecleaning. All those that have to leave will be assigned to the field, in most cases as regular pioneers. It said that the governing body loves you very much and just to trust in Jehovah and make it a matter of prayer. They will follow with more information in the next weeks and months.

A brother in Argentina adds:

Building projects will be stopped and a reduction of full-time servants will be made. In addition, many Bethels are closing the dining rooms. Each Bethelite will see the morning worship from his room. For now, no more sending out special pioneers, only regular pioneers. All construction projects will be put on hold. Volunteers will return home when they finish their current assignments. The idea is to reduce costs and staff at Bethels. There will be no waiters, and meals are simplified. There will be a buffet for serving.

Do you understand this? If more pioneers are being sent into the field, the result will be more new ones coming into the congregations. And yet, the building projects are being curtailed. So, should an announcement like this surprise us? Not at all. As we get closer to the end, some decisions may be made that we perhaps don’t understand, that may seem to go against all logic. Whatever the reasons, obeying and accepting those decisions will result in blessings.

In the days to come, wait for more clarifications on what the meaning is for us. Especially, keep your eyes open for news from the Annual Meeting at the beginning of October.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!!! AWESOME!!! My wife, a Watchtard, is traveling several hours with some Eldub's wives to "interview" and volunteer for construction projects.

LOL!!!! Poor Bethel has no waiters, only a lowly buffet! Dubs layed off to pioneer! HAHHHHH!!!! They ain't living in my basement!!

DD

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    As we get closer to the end, some decisions may be made that we perhaps don’t understand, that may seem to go against all logic. Whatever the reasons, obeying and accepting those decisions will result in blessings.

And there we go.

When was that put out as a directive?

It seems like somebody(ies) higher up knew that big shakeups were going to happen. This is not news to somebody...

• Richard_I
    Richard_I
    the argentina guy's comments make no sense. closing the dining room makes no sense, unless they mean no more invites to lunch or whatever due to it just being a buffet style? I know at Canada bethel that's how supper always was, just a buffet, whereas breakfast and lunch had waiters and you were served. also watching the morning worship from your room makes no sense, what does it save if they don't meet in the dining room?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Do you understand this?

Of course not. No one could. It doesn't make sense.

If more pioneers are being sent into the field, the result will be more new ones coming into the congregations. And yet, the building projects are being curtailed.

More contradictions.

So, should an announcement like this surprise us?

Yes it should, it absolutely should.

But yet they continue ...

Not at all. As we get closer to the end, some decisions may be made that we perhaps don’t understand, that may seem to go against all logic. Whatever the reasons, obeying and accepting those decisions will result in blessings.

Well that is just fucking ridiculous.

It really is amazing how effective that now infamous quote from the November 15th, 2013 Watchtower has become:

• All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

-

The R&F are regurgitating this nauseating propaganda right on cue.

It's scary to sit back and watch this unfold, seeing how effective the mind-manipulation is. I fear for my children.

Let's review: Its a cult!

• millie210
    millie210

OrphanCrow11 minutes ago
    As we get closer to the end, some decisions may be made that we perhaps don’t understand, that may seem to go against all logic. Whatever the reasons, obeying and accepting those decisions will result in blessings.
    And there we go.
    When was that put out as a directive?
    It seems like somebody(ies) higher up knew that big shakeups were going to happen. This is not news to somebody...

Is this it?

The November 15th, 2013 Watchtower Study article

Paragraph 17

"At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. ALL OF US MUST BE READY TO OBEY ANY INSTRUCTIONS WE MAY RECEIVE, WHETHER THESE APPEAR SOUND FROM A STRATEGIC OR HUMAN STANDPOINT OR NOT. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith."

• vinman
    vinman
    Holy crap!!
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Spin, spin, spin. Watchtower finances are falling apart, construction projects are suddenly grinding to a halt, the whole bethel structure is being shaken in ways previously unimaginable... and this is all "good news".

And as water poured in from the gash in the side of the Titanic, everyone exclaimed, "Look, the ship is getting fully washed from bow to stern!"

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yes, that's it, Millie. Almost two years ago. Remember the specualtion and buzz at the time as to "whatever could 'they' come up with"?

Well...now we know some of the possibilties.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

ALL OF US MUST BE READY TO OBEY ANY INSTRUCTIONS WE MAY RECEIVE, WHETHER THESE APPEAR SOUND FROM A STRATEGIC OR HUMAN STANDPOINT OR NOT

Hmmm, funny. This was just in a recent days text. They seem to be using that chilling line more and more of late. Seems like this statement is used just a few weeks or months before something is dropped on the rank and file like the May 2014 donation letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit