Bruce Willis

by LB 8 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

We just got back from seeing the movie Tears of the Sun or Tears From the Sun, something like that. War movie and a good one. Very unsettling as it should be.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Hi LB - this movie is on my "see at the theater" list. However, if I drag Sabine to see this, I may have to reciprocate by seeing a chick flick. PLEASE not the Hours - I beg you!

All best,

mak

• TheStar
    TheStar

I agree with you LB Tears Of The Sun was very unsettling... How close to reality do you think it got?

Makena, The Hours is not necessarily a chick flick, if you are a deep thinker you will appreciate it.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I want to see "Tears of the Sun."

In the meantime, I highly recommend a Brazilian film "City of God." It's about kids growing up in the slums of Rio and how they survive. The acting and story are top notch. One of the better films I've seen in a year. It is subtitled.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hi Star. At the very begining of the movie, it got a bit TOO close to reality. That horrible scene of a young man running along the street, as a gun toting rebel took notice of him from about 5 ft away, and sprayed him with bullets, was real video footage from that coup.

I have a real problem with the movie producers using this mans life and it's flippant, cruel, evil end, to sell what after that became just another hollywood white man's war hero movie, albeit a good one. I simply don't believe you'd find any stories from real life that parallel the movie. I think you could find lots of stories where you'd wish for a hero, but the hero never came.

The US is even now going into a war that will undoubtably stop a regime not unlike the scumbags depicted in that movie, thereby saving many Iraqis further cruelty. Unfortunately, "saving Iraqis further cruelty" seems unlikely to be the main, or even a primary reason for the war. Such is the course of history.

• LB
    LB

I actually had a dream about Tears of the Sun last night. That hasn't happened to me for years. I guess this movie got to me.

I think the reality of some of the scenes are right on. But the real reality comes I think in the mindset of a warrior. They are given a job, go to do it, yet see some horror. Can they stand by and watch this or go against standing orders and the rules of engagement? What will their conscience allow them to do?

Bruce Willis is one of the few actors in hollywood that make mustsee movies anymore.

Oh and Mak, while on Maui this time you and I can go see a dude flick together with no consequences, ok?

• dubla
    dubla

havent seen the movie yet....cant wait. bruce willis is the biggest bad ass in hollywood, so its about time he played a navy seal.

ive heard rumors about britney spears starring in die hard 4 as john mcclanes daughter....please tell me this isnt true.....id hate to see a great trilogy ruined.

aa

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Britney Spears To Join 'Die Hard 4' Cast?
    [Tue January 21, 2003 04:21PM]

Britney Spears is reportedly set to star alongside Bruce Willis in the forth installment of the Die Hard series, according to UK Hello magazine.

"Britney is in talks with bosses and is delighted about starring in a Die Hard film. Being a big fan of Bruce Willis helps and she can't wait to star alongside him." said a source close to the singer.

According to the magazine, Die Hardest will be Bruce Willis' last performance as the heroic New York cop. The 47-year-old wants to leave the character behind once and for all and has decided that John McClane should be killed off in the new film.

"Bruce is keen to get it done and dusted and concentrate on more intelligent films. He is tired of running around with guns and yelling," revealed a source close to the production. "Bruce's character will not be coming back after this film. He has stated in interviews that he would like to die by drowning or being eaten by sharks in the last film - so there's a big hint to what's going to happen."

More On 'Die Hard 4'...
    - Email this to a friend!

Talk about this in our forums!

Latest Headlines
    • Billy Boyd Talks 'Return Of The King' Rough Cut [MORE >>]
    • Halle Berry Could Be Next 'Catwoman' [MORE >>]
    • Sean Astin In Sandler '50 First Kisses' Talks [MORE >>]
    • 'Finding Nemo' Poster & Gallery Online [MORE >>]
    • Christina Ricci Lands Lead Role For 'Cursed' Horror [MORE >>]
    • Sigourney Weaver On Fifth Alien Movie [MORE >>]
    • 'Extraordinary Gentlemen' Teaser Poster Online [MORE >>]
    • Jennifer Lopez May Join Richard Gere In 'Shall We Dance?' [MORE >>]
    • Carrey And Spielberg To Do Remake Of Walter Mitty [MORE >>]
    • John Travolta To Star In 'Harvey' [MORE >>]
    • Ice Cube To Take 'The Whale' To Las Vegas [MORE >>]
    • 'Laws Of Attraction' Director Exits [MORE >>]
    • 'Matrix Revolutions' FX Guru On Final Ending [MORE >>]
    • Richard Gere To Star In Ballroom Dancing Movie [MORE >>]
    • 'Osiris' Animatrix Will Lead Into 'Matrix Reloaded' [MORE >>]

Animatrix DVD
    Released: June 3, 2003

Pre-Order 'Animatrix'
    DVD Now!

Harry Potter V Book
    Released: June 21, 2003

Pre-Order 'Harry Potter 5'
    Book Now!

Search Amazon.com:

DVD VHS

Oscars 2003 Complete
    Nominations List

• TheStar
    TheStar
    At the very begining of the movie, it got a bit TOO close to reality. That horrible scene of a young man running along the street, as a gun toting rebel took notice of him from about 5 ft away, and sprayed him with bullets, was real video footage from that coup.

Yes I caught that... What a begining... Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to handle what followed...

I think you could find lots of stories where you'd wish for a hero, but the hero never came.

Sad but probably true...

LB,

Can they stand by and watch this or go against standing orders and the rules of engagement? What will their conscience allow them to do?

This was what disturbed me as equally as the torture and death of innocent lives.

Mega,

I was going to recommend City of God to you. Great minds...

BTW Six, you didn't tell me when your Discovery episode was going ot air. It appears from LTs post that I missed it. Did you get on tape? I want to see it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit