Hey, this is me... I'm the guy on the left! =)

by Divergent 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

(Picture taken from the WT study some weeks back)

All these years, I've ALWAYS dreaded waking up early for field service. I'm a night owl & love to sleep late, so it was excruciating for me to have to wake up early in the mornings & go door knocking. What forced me to go out was family expectations, peer pressure, and... most importantly was the fact that I often had to conduct the meeting for field service! Actually, the love for service was NEVER in me. I was always thinking of what to have for lunch LOL! I'm so relieved that I NEVER have to wake up early for field service EVER AGAIN & am enjoying my days AWAY from the group!

Oh yeah, I'm currently inactive, by the way

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack
    im the guy with the beard going "eff that"
  • ivanatahan
    ivanatahan

Lately, I've been looking at those images they produce of "bad examples" and they look much better than the "good examples".

• Divergent
    Divergent

Right. What's up with beards & goatees used to depict wordly people anyway??

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    I just did the beard thing last month. Suprise! My (JW) wife loved it. She was disappointed when I shaved it off. I might start it up again in January - I hate shaving...
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Why in January?
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Why in January? - It gets really cold here in Poland for a few months. Wondering if facial hair will help. I spend a lot of time outside.
  • Divergent
    Divergent

Ahh... I see. Hope you grow a magnificent one!

By the way, sounds like you have a cool wife, minus the JW part. Perhaps she's a rebel at heart...

• sparky1
    sparky1

Yes, young men with beards and goatees certainly can't be trusted!

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    @Divergent: Thanks. I'll send you a pic. Wife is cool, but not a rebel (yet). If she turns, look out! She knows it is mostly BS, but still feels the need to preach the 'good' news. She would get DF'd for sure if she expressed any of her views on current WT teachings. She doesn't feel it is that important, but understands why I can't support it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit