Why the 2015 yearbook about Dominican Republic omits Ray Franz ???/

by rege brazzy 8 Replies latest social humour

• rege  brazzy
    rege brazzy
    Raymond Franz was an important figure of the theocratic history in Dominican Republic...Why ? was it honest ?
  • Simon
    Simon

I doubt they would publicize one of the highest profile cases of what they call "apostacy".

They write their own history as it suits them.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Ray Franz is, too use language from the book 1984, an "unperson". Here is an example of an unperson in Stalin's regime:

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I really don't understand this, because even Solomon in the bible turned 'apostate', but his stories from when he was 'good' weren't omitted.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    neat blue dog
    I really don't understand this, because even Solomon in the bible turned 'apostate', but his stories from when he was 'good' weren't omitted.

Yes, But one cant "Google Solomon" to find out and read his apostate material....BUT we can "google Franz" and read his material....

That is what the org wants to avoid anyone doing....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Orwell's 1984. think: 'ministry of truth'!

Ray Franz is an 'unperson' as VI mentioned too.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Funny, There are several mentions of him in the 1972 Yearbook section on the D.R.

I wonder what happened?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow wifibandit! Since I know current missionaries in the DR today, I downloaded the Yearbook just to have a look. I was happy to see the section on Nicaragua, as my family were need-greaters there. I saw the familiar names of, and have to say, some of the finest, kindest people I ever met.

A wee bit sad...though. All that work for a crazy cult. It is what it is.

• suavojr
    suavojr
    That is the first thing I noticed when I saw the yearbook, but it is of no surprise. This is just one more proof of how afraid they are to the real truth. Ray's work is one of the best written expose of the tower's inner workings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit