New Avatar

by mrquik 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik

Yes, that's me. My name is Ted Ginther. For those in the upstate western NY area, you might remember me. I was in the religion for 50 years. I was an elder at the Palmyra NY congregation. I gave a number of circuit & district convention parts. My brother, Mark, is still the CO of the Newark, NY congregation. I've been out for over 8 years. I gave a talk once on perspective. On how the first thing you do when you hang a picture is stand back & see if it aligns with it's surroundings. So too today I recommend those still in do the same thing. Stand back & inspect the world you have become so focused on & ask the hard questions. I'll be happy to help you find your way out.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi
    Hi Mrquirk: what was your first clue?... I'm transitioning to fade myself. .
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    That's a really interesting way to put it. 50 years is a long time to dedicated to something only to realize that it's bogus . Congrats on making your way out. Many like myself are just trying to figure out how we can get out as well.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Were you born in or raised as a JW?
  • skin
    skin
    I would like to have found an honorable and dignified way out 8 years, but still stuck, unable to leave. I often wonder how many others do I know that have are are also awake and trapped. There are some in my congregation that just never answer up, miss meetings etc, that I wonder "Do you know the TTATT?". But for fear out being outted myself, I could never ask them or rise that subject. Should any religion make people fear them in this way? I guess they need to, otherwise people would be leaving in droves if they had a free exit pass..
  • Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

@skin: I wonder the same thing however I think you do have a better chance finding someone in the Eng congregations than the spanish.... i look around my Congregation & rule many out from knowing TTATT based on their comments during the meetings.... there is this one married brother who was an elder, got removed then got DF, after 3 years got reinstated & its never been the same for him, meaning miss mtgs alot & service, no special privileges & goes directly to his car right after mtg waiting for his wife to finish socializing, his wife & duaghter are in... that's the only one I can see the rest? WT ZOMBIES.

• chicken little
    chicken little
    Welcome....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit