"Previously Loved" (Used) Mop Bucket for Sale

by compound complex 16 Replies latest social humour

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear fellow janitors/ex-janitors:

After some nearly 60 years scrubbing away (I started early), whistling a happy tune, I'm turning in my mop and mop bucket. My body has said, "NO MORE!" 

What's sad is that I recently bought new supplies and equipment; they're barely used. When in Oz years ago, I believe my Aussie janitor friends (JWs, of course) employed the term "previously loved" for "used." I really do STILL love my new battleship gray (grey) bucket. No previously from my USA

No reasonable offer refused, but shipping may be prohibitive if you live in the land down under!

CoCo Scrubs No More

• compound complex
    compound complex

No "previously" from my USA viewpoint.

(can't figure why sentances get cut off.)

• compound complex
    compound complex

sentences!

no editing

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG
    So what are doing? Do you have a new job. Did you retire? You could make a line of custom "JW.ORG" mop buckets. I bet they would sell like hotcakes!!
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

Are you going to retire or are you going to keep on doing the house-sitting and dog-sitting? I have to say I love being retired.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, DD and Hortensia, for your replies. Wondered if anyone would ever reply!

No, I can't retire -- dang it! -- but, since my heart attack, I've decided that in 2015 I would go for the cerebral (which pays nothing) and give up the physical (which pays well). The house and dog sitting will continue. Yes, put the JW logo on anything and I've got a ready customer base -- good thinking, DD!

Will keep you posted!

CC

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Good luck Coco.     That can be an exciting and scary time in life.    
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    I know having to work is a bit oppressive but I think working is good when you are older, mental stimulation, something to get up for, a feeling of still contributing are healthy things.  Just use your obvious intelligence to earn money within your comfort zone.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Ignoranceisbliss and Slidin Fast, for your good thoughts and giving me a balanced  way of looking at life.

Much appreciated!

CoCo

• LV101
    LV101

Change is good -- difficult at times but good.  

Best and take care of yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit