Just finished my DA letter

by pr_capone 30 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Change Russel to Rutherford, add the neccesary punctuation and correct the gramatical errors and you are good to go.

• sf
    sf

Piece of cake.

Thanks. I see you, uh, yahoo. Perhaps a chat sometime.

sKally

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Excellent Letter!

I see you already caught the Russel/Ruthorford error... I'd like to point out another minor typo. In the third paragraph from the bottom the letter says "The only was you will get the truth regarding what another religions beliefs". I think the spell checker changed way to was.

In your second paragraph you mention how JWs give up thinking for themselves... the elders will likely dismiss this as nonsence. Perhaps you can reference the following:

Watchtower Augest 1, 2001, p. 14, par. 8:

First, since "oneness" is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rater, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave." By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided "at the proper time" -- through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions -- we can be sure that we maintain "oneness" with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge. -- Matthew 24:45.

The Watchtower Issue, Page 22:

"Avoid Independent Thinking"

"Avoid.... questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization."

"How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization."

The Watchtower Issue, Page 27:

"....some who point out that the organization has had to make some adjustments before, and so they argue: "This shows that we have to make up our own mind on what to believe." This is independent thinking. Why is it so dangerous?"

"Fight against independent thinking."

The Watchtower Issue, Page 338: "....in Jehovah's organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to that very thing...."

I saved a copy of that scanned UN letter, but it referenced some other letters that were included. Would it be possible to scan those too?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

SF - I would be insulted if we didnt! I'm house sitting right now so i do not have the luxury of Yahoo here, I will be back home on Tuesday.

Elsewhere - Good point.... I will have to rethink the second paragraph now. Either way, I'm sure they will dismiss the whole thing anyhow.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=46667&site=3

Edited by - pr_capone on 13 February 2003 10:50:25

• sf
    sf

I just added you to my friends list.

When ya get home, add 'wturls' (wt-URLs) to your list.

Messenger is down right now, yet I'm up on regular yahoo chat.

The one thing that sux about this is I CAN'T CUT/ PASTE!! The jws there love that. hahaha

I have to restore a file then I'll re-install messenger.

Be safe til then.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

A well written letter Eremic!

I like the part were you tell them Do not settle for answers that are given by the publications of a publishing company. Get the answers straight from the bible.

Of course they are so arrogant they think they know how to interprate the bible. It's sad how they control their members and break up families with their organizational decrees.

Move on and keep surrounding yourself by those who love you.

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

What an excellently worded DA letter? You didn't ramble. You were concise and made some wonderful points that might even make the cong elders sit up and begin to think.

Well done, PR...well done.

Auntie Flame

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Way to go PR! High Five!

You did a great job on this. Congratulations and good luck in the future. Make sure and keep us posted.

*muah*

chevy

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Thank you all very much!!! I was rather unsure of how to word my letter but thoughts kept comming into my head and I just typed them out!

I wonder if I will hear from them! I hope they tell me when they are going to annouce my DA'ing! I just might make a point of making it to that meeting.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

pr_capone!

I feel soooo prouda yew!!!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit