2016 SPECIAL TALK---ARE YOU ON THE ROAD TO EVERLASTING LIFE?

by suavojr 39 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

ARE YOU ON THE ROAD TO EVERLASTING LIFE?

Note to the speaker: Help Bible students and interested ones to understand why and how to make further spiritual progress.

Emphasize the many sources of help available, and warmly encourage them to act without delay

WHAT IS ‘THE ROAD TO LIFE’? (5 min.)

Jehovah God offers to all the prospect of receiving everlasting life (Ro 6:23)

Millions look forward to enjoying everlasting life in Paradise on earth, as God originally purposed

Gaining life requires following a course different from the majority [Read Matthew 7:13, 14] (w09 8/1 3-4) The Bible reveals God’s requirements for gaining life (Joh 17:3; 1Jo 2:3; 5:3)

God’s requirements are reasonable; they reflect his love and greatly benefit us

HOW TO BEGINWALKING ON ‘THE ROAD TO LIFE’ (13 min.)

Begin by building faith based on accurate Bible knowledge

We need strong confidence in the Bible to choose a path contrary to the one followed by others around us

If you are not fully convinced that the Bible is God’s Word, then examine the evidence (g 11/07 5-9)

Use the Bible to examine your current beliefs carefully

Jesus emphasized the need for our beliefs to be based on truth [Read John 4:23, 24]

Like the apostle Paul, be willing to change your beliefs when presented with evidence (Ac 26:9-20)

We may discern that in order to please God, we need to make changes in our personality or lifestyle

As we draw close to Jehovah and grow in faith, we gain the power to make such changes [Read James 4:8]

We put away habits and practices that God views as unclean (Ga 5:19-21; Eph 4:17-19)

We put on “the new personality” by imitating Jehovah and Jesus (Eph 4:20-29; 5:1, 2)

Many have successfully made dramatic changes (w15 5/1 10-11; w14 7/1 8-9)

As we grow in knowledge and faith, we need to share in making disciples, as Jesus commanded (Mt 28:19, 20)

To begin walking on ‘the road to life,’ we must dedicate ourselves to Jehovah and get baptized (Mt 16:24;

1Pe 3:21)

‘THE ROAD TO LIFE’ IS NOT TOO DIFFICULT (7 min.)

Our situation is similar to that of the nation of Israel when about to enter the Promised Land [Read

Deuteronomy 30:11] (w09 11/1 31)

‘The road to life’ may appear to be restrictive but actually brings freedom and happiness (w06 10/1 8-10)

Jehovah God provides the help we need to get on ‘the road to life’ and continue on it

God invites us to pray to him and promises to help us in times of need (Ps 145:18; Isa 41:13)

God gives us his holy spirit, which guides and strengthens us (Lu 11:10-13; w10 4/15 9 par. 11; 11 par. 15)

At Christian meetings, we can find support and wholesome association (Heb 10:24, 25)

CONTINUE TO MAKE SPIRITUAL PROGRESS (5 min.)

Adjusting our lives to meet God’s requirements takes time and patience but is an urgent matter

The blessings and joys of serving Jehovah make doing so worth our effort

Do not be discouraged by obstacles or setbacks (Mr 4:26-29; w14 12/15 12-13 pars. 4-8)

Do not be deceived by the false claims of happiness promoted by this world and its ruler (1Jo 2:17; 5:19)

“The last days” of this system will not continue indefinitely (2Ti 3:1; 2Pe 3:4, 9, 10)

Now is the time to accept God’s invitation to walk on ‘the road to life’

[Adhere closely to the outlined material, and observe the indicated timing of each section. Not all cited texts need to be read or commented on. See Ministry School book, pp. 52-55, 166-169]

No. 192-E 8/15 TO BE COVERED IN 30 MINUTES

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    I can't even begin to read the outline. Same song, second verse.
  • Ding
    Ding

Translation: More field service and meeting attendance, and accept everything the GB says without question.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

"TO BE COVERED IN 30 MINUTES"

(I never was a JW)

This reminds me a bit of the time an elder called at my door and invited me to study his bible. (This must have been before I was officially labelled a dangerous apostate). 'I'd love to' I said. 'Which scholars have you studied?'. I mentioned a few (Bart Ehrman comes to mind). He mentioned a name (can't remember it now) and I asked him to write it down so that I could check out his preferred scholar's credentials. End of invitation to 'study the bible', end of conversation.

• pixel
    pixel
    Lame. As usual.
  • blondie
    blondie
    Only jws are on the road to everlasting life but must stay on the road
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jesus emphasized the need for our beliefs to be based on truth [Read John 4:23, 24]
    Like the apostle Paul, be willing to change your beliefs when presented with evidence (Ac 26:9-20)

😂😂😂😂😂😂😭😭

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Gotta love how if you are "not in line", then by God you are required to put on the new "Cult of Personality" that JW's require.

F*ck them and their "requirements." My God doesn't need me in a business suit. He doesn't need my money either, as he already owns the entire universe.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Use the Bible to examine your current beliefs carefully

That is exactly what many have done!!! The result is that they have realised the TTATT!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

This is exactly why I don't believe in the WTS any longer! Yet, if I told people, everyone I know would shun me and my wife would be encouraged to leave me. Stupid cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit