WT MAKES OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT

by DevonMcBride 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Rosco
    Rosco

My Letter I sent to this Lawyer-

Sir,

Are you aware of the alleged abuse scandal raging against the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Brooklyn New York.

Dateline, NBC ran a feature story on them last fall 2002. Thousands of abuse cases involving minors.

This Cult lies through its teeth and " people " have documentation of a cover up.

The 5000 plus ex members @www. jehovahswitness.com , who view your winning case against this Organazation already hail you as a Good guy. And that does not hurt an attorney any!

Interested in any New Clients?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I did a search in Fastcase a legal search engine. I came up with nothing. Then I read the attorney's statement.

Coughlin v. Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York:
    $1.55 million dollar mid-trial settlement arising out of motor vehicle death. Jehovah's Witness defendants claimed that the driver who caused the death was not their employee but rather was on his own private religious trip at the time of the accident. Joel uncovered evidence of the sect's activities and obtained secret documents during discovery that bolstered the case and caused the Jehovah's Witnesses to pay the highest settlement amount in their history. No offers to settle were made by Jehovah's Witnesses until after the trial commenced.

The key is that an offer to settle was made....that means no legal docs made to the public. The WTBTS no doubt made sure that the file was sealed.

It must have been some good discovery!!

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Is this the first case the WTBTS lost?

Look at: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44956&site=3

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Gerard

CLEONA, Pa. A woman who said she repeatedly told Jehovah's Witnesses to stay off her property won a $632 judgment against one of them who showed up at her door and woke her up anyway.

WTS's assets:

951 million oooops 949.45 million - $632.00 = $949,449,368.

WOOOHOOOOO that will break the bank...

hehehehe

• Jourles
    Jourles

I have yet to hear from Joel Faxon on this case, but that could be due to today being MLK day. I signed up on Westlaw for various states - VT, CT, and NY. I had to use different email addresses and proxy servers to get temporary access. They will deny you access if you come from the same IP address.

Joel is a member of the bar in VT and CT so that is why I picked those states to search in. I picked NY for obvious reasons. Most cases I ran into were ones of custody issues and divorce. It appears that the WTS tries very hard to stay out of the legal-limelight. There are a few references to cases regarding work related injuries during quickbuilds. Nothing exciting though.

As soon as I hear anything from Joel I will post it right away.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Man, they need a law like in South Carolina. No more secret out of court settlements. You make an OCS, the details are still available. SOMEONE GET DETAILS!

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=45011&site=3

"In a recent lawsuit involving the death of a woman due to the negligence of a home office member that was on his way to church function, the Watchtower Society paid $1.55 million to the family of the victim."

Mark

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't see anything about the date of the trial and settlement. Is this something recent in the past few months???

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Bill Bowen addresses this court case in an e-mail he sent out titled Who Pays For Child Abuse.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=45011&site=3

• chester
    chester

Jourles,

You are doing a great job. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Has anyone heard about the WTBTS setting up a liability fund to cover the costs of these lawsuits?

I heard through the grapevine that they are going to set one up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit