"The Ipcress Schizophrenia"

by The Searcher 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    8m +​ are undeniably being systematically instructed via talks & publications on how to speak out of both sides of their mouths! I'm going to designate this practice as "The Ipcress Schizophrenia." (Induction of Psycho-neuroses by Conditioned Reflex under Stress". (see Wiki - "Ipcress File") Schizophrenia - "behaviour that appears to be motivated by contradictory or conflicting principles")The relentless promotion of the Magnificent 7 - and now their "helpers" too - leaves no doubt in my mind that a serious psychological strategy has been formulated and put into practice by the puppet-masters within WTBTS.Ask two J.W.'s the same question, and you'll most likely get a contradictory viewpoint.
  • hoser
    hoser
    The printed page of the public watchtower says one thing but the elders do something opposite.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ha! I didn't know that 'ipcress' stood for that. Love your posts.

SEARCHER "Magnificent seven"LOL
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Searcher...interesting observation. Never knew the film the Ipcress File was based on an acronym. I've always wondered about myself and what I was taught/studied. It never ever in the 30 odd years totally sat comfy with me. I thought it was my inadequacies. When I couldnt accept a point a CO made from the platform. I decided to study harder, and studied myself awake.

Was always lectured from older/more experienced "friends" that we could go into any congn. anywhere and there would be 100% unity. The reality for me wasn't the case.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Je.suis.oisif - your experience mirrors closely what I felt - until I started digging! Each step I took was a step in the opposite direction of the Org's chariot.

• Perry
    Perry

They learn to speak out of both sides of their mouth because this how the Watchtower has always been. It is craziness. Speaking out of both sides of their mouth is nothing new.

I have been approaching JW's for years with this question:

Is it true that JW's are not part of the new covenant? Categorically, they answer that is NOT true. Only when pressed as to whether they partake of the bread and the wine do they come clean about not being a member of the New Covenant.

When they first answer this question no, and then later answer the same question yes, they appear as if I am the one with some sort of problem and raining on their parade.

....Which of course is true, but that's besides the point.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    the ipcress file---michael caine--one of my all time favourite films.
  • Village Idiot
  • stillin
    stillin
    A favorite way to deflect the aspersions regarding whether they are a part of the new covenant is for them to say, "by extension, the great crowd is under this heavenly arrangement." Everything is by extension.
  • stan livedeath

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit