New convention theme

by StarTrekAngel 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Just wanted to post here real quick, as many have joked about it. We had an announcement in our cong last week about the upcoming one day assembly. The title of the assembly is "Imitate Jehovah". We will have it in September.
  • steve2
    steve2

Sounds like the 'Imitate Jesus' Regional Conventions this Summer didn't go far enough.

From 'Imitating Jesus' to 'Imitating Jehovah' in a few short weeks - an organization full of people being instructed to be imitators. Shallowness rules, okay!

BTW, it might be helpful if that one-day assembly clarifies exactly what qualities to imitate. Some 'aspects' of Jehovah border on psychopathic. Genocidal tendencies, violence, murderous rage and jealousy, exacting standards, using might to prove right. Hmmmmm. Imitate Him but not literally?

Brothers, I'm more confused than ever. Can we just cut this crap about imitating supernatural brings and live humbly each day by being true to ourselves?

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Im gonna imitate a barbequeing , beer drinking, joke telling , fun loving , baseball watchin, man.☺ yaaaaaaaaay! Much more fun.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

How does one imitate nothing?

• millie210
    millie210
    I dont know the Witnesses seem to do it rather well....
  • paladin1
    paladin1
    Imitating a Hebrew desert god does not appeal to me. I recall this year's regional convention was all about Jesus. The Watchtower Society continues to confuse their members. I think I will skip the one day cult assembly.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Someone else's journey(especially Jehovah) may not always be applicable to yours

because we each have different circumstances, resource and strengths. Furthermore

in an ever dynamic world, conditions are seldom identical for two people.

We know the bible don't accurately document Jehovah's ways, at one point he is

out of control (OT) and then in the NT he tell us to love our enemies. So which of

the two are we suppose to imitate.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So... Obey the Governing Body, even though they aren't "the channel". Gotcha.

DD

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Man the convention was just over this weekend and now another one???

No wonder I was always stressed out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We had an announcement in our cong last week about the upcoming one day assembly.

The title of the assembly is "Imitate Jehovah".

.........Image result for God watching tv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit