What Qualifications does Geoffrey Jackson have as a Translator of the Bible ? In any Capacity ?

by smiddy 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

Geoffrey Jackson left school at the age of 15 and began pioneering , he never attended a University ,never studied Ancient Greek ,Hebrew or Aramaic at any recognized teaching academy , he has no certificates or credentials / qualifications from any place of learning that is approved by a competent body of Religious Instruction .

And by his own words at the Australian Royal Commission , under oath he stated that was his primary role as a translator of Scripture into other languages .

A 15 year old drop out from school in Australia is the Chief/ Prime Translator of the Bible for Jehovah`s Witnesses world wide in their many languages that they preach in .

It would be very interesting to see his report cards for those few years he did attend school .

Is it just me , or does anybody else see that his qualifications don`t come up to scratch to be a Translator of the Old Testament or the New testament Scriptures , and be taken seriously as a translator of either , into any language.

If I am wrong anywhere in this post feel free to correct me .

smiddy

• jhine
    jhine

No Smiddy he would not seem to be the right person for the job .

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

His holiness watchtower rock star pope wacko Jacko probably has the same qualifications as Charlie Tazers a Rissole. In 'worldly(tm)' terms....NAFF ALL!

In JW 'spiritual(tm)' terms, his holiness is the mouthpiece of Jehovah(tm), except when he's not...depending on the validity of the doctrine...........sooooooo...his holiness doesn't need qualifications in the eyes of the deluded.....he is a god in his own right.

• Zoos
    Zoos

The JW response would be to cite Acts 4:13.

Now when they beheld the outspokenness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were men unlettered and ordinary, they got to wondering...

Geoffrey was certainly a little snarky toward the lawyer. He's outspoken just like the apostles.
    Geoffrey did drop out of school when he was 15. He's unlettered and ordinary just like the apostles.
    Smiddy started a thread questioning his qualifications. People are wondering about him just like the apostles.
    He IS Christ's brother! HE IS!
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

GJ has spent alot of time in the Pacific islands apparently and knows the local languages very well. especially Tuvaluan. He and his wife were critical in the translation of literature into this language and they have even written a books on the subject.

This experience is his qualification....

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150815/let-many-islands-rejoice

Here's a good quote...

In 1980 the branch office assigned us to work as translators—a work for which we felt totally unqualified.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Zoos

"Now when they beheld the outspokenness of peter and John,and perceived that they were men unlettered and ordinary, they got to wondering"

So you are inferring this happened with G.J. ?

And to put it in perspective : The 4 Elders who were brought before the Royal Commission did not have this divine guidance ? because it was evident they had no clue what to say in questioning but to say I don`t remember .One or two of them looked like they were waiting for the Holy Spirit to speak in defence / words in their mouth , but nothing was forthcoming.

In fact wasn`t that the main testimony of the 3/4 Elders ? I can`t remember ?

And when they did remember they , they believed the victim ,they hated what the perpetrator had done ,and yet they did nothing about it to protect the victim or see that justice was done against the perpetrator.

They never contacted the relevant authorities .

Geoffrey Jackson did mislead the Royal Commission on a couple of occasions .that I hope he will be brought to account for before this comes to an end.

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Smiddy - "What qualifications does Geoffrey Jackson have as a translator of the Bible?'"

As many qualifications as any other high-school dropout.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Peter and some of the apostles likely could not read AT ALL, in AD 40 or whatever unlettered meant illiterate AND uneducated. GJ is just formally uneducated. No miracle there.

Polynesians have one of the highest % per pop of JW's I believe. My husband whose mum is Samoan says they are just mad for religon of ANY kind.

Funny how they've replaced one volcano God for another.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    His discussion at the RC about "the rod" was totally wrong, both according to the original text and Watchtower interpretation of Proverbs.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Oh he's overseeing the translation of the silversword into a range of polynesian language copies. There will almost certainly be bi - lingual, born-in witnesses' to do most of the work by now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit