December 15 2015 Watchtower - Blowing a Trumpet for RNWT

by The Searcher 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Self-praise is no praise, Brooklyn! Didn't you know that?

However, having skimmed over this latest offering - which was neither researched nor written by the F.D.S., according to Geoffrey Jackson's sworn testimony in Oz - here is my favourite statement:

P. 26 par. 14 - "Sadly, in this greedy world, there are those who seize on people’s illness as an opportunity to make money. Let us not forget, however, that God’s Word advises us: "The naive person believes every word, but the shrewd one ponders each step."—Prov. 14:15.

The irony and the hypocrisy are breath-taking.

Pointing a finger at someone, means that you are pointing three back at yourself!

• Diogenesister
  • Magnum
    Magnum

this latest offering - which was neither researched nor written by the F.D.S., according to Geoffrey Jackson's sworn testimony in Oz

I haven't yet listened to all of Jackson's testimony. So what did he say - that JW publications are not written by the FDS?

Oh, and I agree about the irony and hypocrisy.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Mr. Jackson clearly stated that the G.B. does not research or write the material in the Org's publications, but, they do read what is produced by the Writing Committee, to verify that it is in harmony with Bible teachings.

Surely that makes the Writing Committee the FDS, because they are providing the food, not the G.B.?

They're even feeding the G.B./FDS!!!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Searcher - "The irony and the hypocrisy are breath-taking."

Some next-level audacity, too, I might add.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I guess this means that indeed then, the bible is written by men and not by God. Since God may have read it but there is no stamp of approval in it

Or wait, may be it means that the WT mag is actually inspired. Not by God but by the GB.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

StarTrekAngel - "Not by God, but by the GB."

Yup; instead of God, the GB.

Or better yet, G(o)B... "GoB"

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Anyone checked out the "new favourite neutral expert?" The WTBTS cites Jason David Be'Duhn, as the expert in all things translation and bible.

They cite him this Dr BeDuhn, as a bible scholar. Go and type in his name, then look at the refutations to his claims and credentials.

He's all WTBTS pro.......they cite him as a reference of a good example of non bias.

• bennyk
    bennyk
    Fascinating. In his book Truth in Translation, BeDuhn has an entire section in the Appendix explaining why the word "Jehovah" as found in the New World Translation New testament is incorrect....
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have been telling Elders that I would never be so bold or presumptuous as to council from the Bible. Why? Only the FDS are feeding the many by the hands of the few. Only the FDS can dispense spiritual food. What is THE SOURCE of spiritual food? THE BIBLE!

Who am I that I should teach? I'm not an Elder! They are the teachers according to the WTBTS. I can't dispense spiritual food, because then I would be claiming to be the FDS! How haughty!!

That usually shuts them up...

DD😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit