JW.org email and contact numbers

by Juan Viejo2 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

OK - here is your task for the day:

Go to JW.org and find their information email address. 

Then find their weekend support desk phone number.

There is a link at the bottom of many pages that says [ ] Email Link. Depending upon which browser I am using, the link either just breaks or sends me to my Outlook draft page - but nothing shows up in the address line or in the information line at the bottom (where it shows the incoming page link). 

Most email systems will route odd emails to a special email box set up for misaddressed emails or for those being sent to a box that has been closed. You send an email to  XXXX@ex-jw.com or [email protected] and I will get it (not suggesting you do this - but that's how email should be routed to the email manager.)

So, hoping that the Watchtower was smart enough to have a similar system set up, I decided to send them an email to let them know that someone in Africa was craving their version of the Truth, but in braille.

Instead, this is what I got when I sent an email to [email protected] (emails and sender identity "xed out"):

------------------------------------------

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain jw.org

by usmail017.us.jw.org

. [208.74.140.199].

The error that the other server returned was:
    550 5.1.1 User unknown

-------------------------------

Here is the latest inquiries posted through my contact form on Ex-JW.com that I tried to forward to JW.org:

-----------------

Contact Ex-JW.com
    Your Name(Given or Pseudonym)
    Emailexxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
    How can we help you?I would like to suggest a book or video
    Connection to JWs?No connection. Just interested.
    Websitehttp://
    hi I am a blind man, I and my family want some of your books and video please sent me braille books, but my wife is not blind and she too wants some of the books thank you.

From his second message:

Contact Ex-JW.com
    Your Name(Given or Pseudonym)
    Emailexxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
    How can we help you?I would like to suggest a book or video
    Connection to JWs?No connection. Just interested.
    Websitehttp://
    Messagehi I am Exxxxxxxx please sent me braille j w books for the blind and my family but I am the only blind person in the family. thank you this is the address Exxxxxxx Axxxxxxxxx P. O. Box 00 xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ghana W / A

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

This was the original email I sent them (some personal information deleted):

-------------------------------------------

JH <[email protected]>

4:27 PM (23 minutes ago)
    to contact
    Dear Watchtower HQ Information Desk,

How does one find your email address on your website?

I get these kinds of emails all the time - they send them to me because they can't figure out how to send them to you.
    Why is it so difficult to contact you by email? Why don't you have an automated Contact form on your website that will automatically forward inquiries to a sorting desk for follow-up?
    I recently received another email inquiry through my website that asked for a JW Bible study. The couple was located in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. They certainly seemed legitimate. I tried to contact every Kingdom Hall around or near Arkadelphia. Some did not have phones listed. Other just rang or had an answering machine that would not take a message. What is that all about?
    I edit several ex-JW websites. I get these kinds of emails all the time asking me to send WT literature, call and answer their WT questions, and arrange for Bible studies for them. Do you not see a problem with this? Why are they coming to me? Because they can't figure out how to contact your information desk by email.
    JHSalem, Oregon
    ------------------------------------------------
    Since I have been getting anywhere from 6-15 of these kinds of inquiries per month over the past year, my guess is that those sending these inquiries can't figure out how to email or call the Watchtower evenings or weekends. So they go to Google or Bing or ??? and look for "Jehovah's Witness" (and find my ex-jw.com link) or "Watchtower" (and find my WatchtowerWatch.com link) and hope that I can help them.
    So much for the Watchtower's self-serving and self-congratulating entry into the world of the Web and the Internet. Can't even send them a simple email - even though they provide a [dead] link for that service.
    That case in Arkadelphia, AR that I mentioned was interesting. I literally called every Kingdom Hall within 50 miles of the writers' address. I checked their address and name in Google and it was legit. I tried calling them for a couple of days, but only got an answering machine. But all of the Kingdom Halls listed on Google and on JW.org either did not answer or I got a "disconnected number" message from the Telco. I have JW relatives that live about 75 miles away in Arkansas, so I tried calling them. Jesus - what was I thinking. I even got one of them - and told them why I was calling - but they did nothing. So much for "preaching the good news."
    Here is that exchange. Part of their message to me:
    > can we help you?x I would like someone to contact me Connection to JWs?No
    > connection. Just interested. i would like to
    > have bible studys at my home xxx-xxx-xxxx call me , my address is XXX
    > south XXth street apt 314 arkadelphia ark 71923 ,thanks

JH <[email protected]>

11/15/14
    to XXXXXX
    Dear Rxx and Mxxx,

Ex-JW.com is an ex-Jehovah's Witness website. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness and was very active in the religion as a young man. But I left decades ago and no longer belong to that religion.
    In our opinion, studying to become a Jehovah's Witness would be a very poor choice on your part and could begin a long life of regret for you by joining a cult - but we certainly recognize that you have the right to make those choices for yourself.
    Try this instead:  https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/

There are Kingdom Halls in Arkadelphia, Malvern, and Camden - but none will answer their phones. I also tried to contact the New York main offices but they do not answer their phones on the weekends. 
    I tried to call you - but got a busy signal ??? - so I don't know if the line was actually busy or if your service is not working at the moment.
    I will try to refer you to a Jehovah's Witness relative of mine in Arkansas who can contact you and may be able to help find someone that can help you.
    Again, I question whether this is the right thing for you to do, but I would be the last person to stop you from discovering the truth for yourselves. While you should keep an open mind, please don't take everything you hear or read as "gospel" until you've had time to investigate it completely. Whatever you choose to do - you have my blessing.
    Jxxx HxxxSalem, OR
    webmaster/editor Ex-JW.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I did get another email from these folks that thanked me for my efforts - but that they had still not been contacted by JWs.
    Sad situation. What if Armageddon came next week and these people were destroyed because they could not (even with my help) get JWs to give them literature or conduct a "Bible" study with them.
    JV

• Tech49
    Tech49

Nope, there is no email contact link.  There is absolutely zero way to send an email to WT, the Contact link on the website would have you beleive that you are clicking on an email address link, but it goes nowhere.  You are taken back to the page showing a postal mailing address and a weekday phone number to the main reception.  

Pretty lame, in an era of email and electronic communication.  Also, just a bit deceptive, as they hide behind a figurative wall of anonymity.  Reminds me of a man behind a cdrtain curtain.......

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

They are all out in field service, too busy to deal with email...~!!

Too freaking funny, though.  They are serious about finding interested ones, you would think they would make it easier to  via the website and phone.  How hard is it to have round the clock coverage??  They have how many million people in the US spending money on gas and knocking on people's doors who have zero interest.  How many people at bethel in the US?  I cannot be that tough to have better phone and email management.

Pretty funny that actual interested ones end up find xjw's way easier than active & corporate JWs.

-Aude.

• Simon
    Simon
    It is bizarre - I'm surprised they don't have a contact  request form, once can only imagine how difficult it would be to filter out the deluge of hate mail they would be inundated with though. They did used to have this and pass the contact details on to the local congregation.

Their App in the Play store refers to [email protected].

The WHOIS-record refers to [email protected].

And something like [email protected] and [email protected] should always be available.

I doubt you'll get a reply on any of there addresses.

• carla
    carla
    I bet if you told a r & f  this story they would not believe it!
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

just a bit deceptive, as they hide behind a figurative wall of anonymity. 

Not just a bit deceptive--a lot deceptive

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I called Watchtower HQ 6 months ago and inquired why they had a FAKE link for a email

address. I was shunted off to a Old guy who knew zero about tech . His confused answer was

"some info we just don't want out there, contact your Elders"

I ended up getting snarky with him and saying every legitimate org has a contact Email

he got huffy and clammed up

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    It's been a while since I've spoken to them, but I do know a few Bethelites who last I heard work in Information Systems. I could reach out to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit