Either JWs aren't men, the FDS does not belive they have God's backing, I don't understand the term petition or the FDS is crazy

by mynameislame 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

September 2015

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WTF???? They are gone, gone..... How can they show a card swiper and not remember Jesus and the money-changers??

Jesus and the Money-changers....mmmmmm. That would a great name for X-JW Rock band!

1. 1.
      make or present a formal request to (an authority) with respect to a particular cause.
      "Americans who moved west petitioned Congress for admission to the Union as states"
      synonyms:appeal to, request, ask, call on, entreat, beg, implore, plead with, apply to, press, urge;

So the WBTS has never asked, requested, entreated, implored, pressed, or urged any JW to give them money?

What about urged?? It's synonym is "encourage." The WTBTS has never encouraged donations?? Just keep checking synonyms, it's staggering.

DD

• Splash
    Splash

Hypocrites.

*** w75 11/1 p. 651 Insight on the News ***

"A group of ten U.S. religions, including some major Lutheran, Episcopal, Methodist and Baptist denominations, have decided to try church collections by credit card. The experiment, sponsored by the National Council of Churches, will encourage participating church members to authorize credit-card transfers of a specified contribution to their church each month. The idea, a Council spokesman says, is that “this will provide the local church with regular income whether or not the local congregation is in attendance,” especially in “off-seasons,” like summer vacation time. The report on the experiment says that those joining the program will be “giving unto business what belongs to business—a profit.” How so? “Participating banks will charge 65 cents a transaction, and the credit card companies will rake off 3 percent of every donation.” Obviously someone benefits, but how much spiritual benefit is the modern churchgoer getting?"

The WT are now happy to use the same method as they used to condemn other churches for.

The WT have gone one step further in that it is the congregations which have had to pledge monthly contributions to provide the Society "with regular incomes whether or not the local congregation is in attendance".

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    They never got my money. I was dumb enough to pioneer for 9 years but I never donated a dime. I figured Jehoobie do would handle that part of it.
  • fukitol
    fukitol
    Is it my imagination or are thread titles getting more retarded year by year?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I try not to drink while I post, but it happens. Hey, you can't hit a home-run every time.

DD

• carla
    carla

"

Wasanelder Once 2 hours ago
    They never got my money. I was dumb enough to pioneer for 9 years but I never donated a dime. I figured Jehoobie do would handle that part of it."
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Wasanelder Once said: They never got my money. I was dumb enough to pioneer for 9 years but I never donated a dime. I figured Jehoobie do would handle that part of it.

"Jehoobie do"... lol .... Ruh Roh! ;0)

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow
    I remember my parents justifying being Dubs by claiming that "unlike Christendom, we don't pass a collection plate to pressure members for money". Since I faded out 5 years ago, man has the whole religion changed!!! Good thing I jumped off that lightening fast changing Ezekiel chariot organization . 😱

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit