Just for the record Vincent Toole and Terrence Obrien you are both lying SOBs

by joe134cd 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I just thought I would mention this on the off chance they might be lurking here. The two quotes are

(1)Vincent Toole ="I've never heard of the term 'theocratic warfare'"

Oh man you are so full of shit you wouldn't would t know the truth if it hit you in the face. Unbelievable that those words even left your mouth.

(2) Terrence Obrien "people are free to leave or become inactive without being viewed negatively"

Speaking from personal experience I had people tell me they were deleting me off their face book because I was no longer going to meetings. BTW I never told them the reason why I left. I was made to feel so uncomfortable and not welcomed by ones I considered my friends that I was literally pushed out. I've had others walk straight past me on the street and I'm not even DFed. Arse holes.

• steve2
    steve2

Great OP topic Joe!

Asking a JW of higher rank if they've heard of "theocratic warfare" is a little like asking a liar if they lie. If they answer, "No" you know they're lying, if they answer, "Yes", you wonder what they're up to by telling the truth.

And as for the head honchos' refusal to publically acknowledge JWs' use shunning against inactive ones, we see proof that "theocratic warfare" is alive and well.

Liars, liars, pants on fire.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"(2) Terrence Obrien "people are free to leave or become inactive without being viewed negatively"

Speaking from personal experience I had people tell me,,,,,,,"

Speaking from MY personal experience, in my congregation's district there are some 8-10 inactive ones, and they are greeted and well treated by everone in the congregation, visited from time to time etc. One of them has been an elder, two servants. So it is a risky business to try to broaden one's own personal experience to be the one and only truth for the entire world. I never would try to say my experience is the universal one, and perhaps neither should you.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Theoldhippie- good point and I accept your point of view. I think we really need to determine how many others felt becoming inactive was a positive experience with friends and family.
  • cognac
    cognac

Well, in my experience, I lost all my friends and most of my family.

TheOldHippie - in my years of reading experiences on this forum, in seems that your experiences in your cong are the rarity. IMHO

• Half banana
    Half banana

To deny that you have never heard of theocratic warfare is the first response from someone who uses it.

As regards the matter of people leaving without being viewed negatively; this lie is one of their primary doctrines!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Terrence Obrien "people are free to leave or become inactive without being viewed negatively"

Inactive. That's the word here. This of course depends on the congregation and the wishes of the biggest bully on the BOE.

Inactive is different from DA'd or DF'd. The devil is in the detail.

Vincent Toole ="I've never heard of the term 'theocratic warfare'"

Okay. Let's just say he hasn't heard the 'term'. JWs still employ the principles of Theocratic warfare(TM)....it's inbuilt into the very nature of the cult.

• OzGirl
    OzGirl

During the Steven Unthank case, a solicitor from Vincent Toole Solicitors, told the court that "there was no such thing as the faithful and discreet slave. It doesn't exist. It is a theological concept only."

His staff have used "theocratic warfare" before.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

My husband and I and our adult daughter are "inactive", and we are being shunned by JW family and "friends" no differently than our adult son who is DF'd. My JW in-laws want nothing to do with their infant great grandson.

Yes, we were free to leave, but not without repercussions.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    Terrence Obrien "people are free to leave or become inactive without being viewed negatively"

(b) Why is it urgent that inactive ones return to Jehovah?

17 Are you among those who are not now actively serving God? Perhaps someone in the congregation hurt you and as a result you stopped associating with Jehovah’s organization. Since some time may have passed, ask yourself: ‘Is my life now more meaningful, and am I happier? Was it Jehovah who offended me, or was it an imperfect human? Has Jehovah God ever done anything to harm me?’ Really, he has always done good toward us. Even if we are not living up to our dedication to him, he allows us to enjoy the good things he provides. (Jas. 1:16, 17)

Soon, Jehovah's day will come. Now is the time to return to our heavenly Father’s loving arms and to the congregation—the only safe haven in these last days.—Deut. 33:27; Heb. 10:24, 25."

www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20131115/maintain-a-waiting-attitude/

Inactive ones are not viewed negatively, just as potential bird food any day now, like the rest of the human race...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit