Even though I believe in God I still believe Religion is bullshit

by KateWild 6 Replies latest social humour

• KateWild
  • DJS
    DJS

Hi Kate,

Resistance is futile; you will be assimilated. Pink border, right?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hey DJS, I don't think I will ever stop believing in a Creator....it's just too probable......occams razor.....the simplest explanation is usually right xx

Kate xx

• DJS
    DJS

Kate,

Funny that you would cite Occam's razor. That's one of the reasons I'm an atheist.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I don't want to turn this into another God bashing thread, so I will just share what my experience was in losing faith.

Occam's Razor. I thought about how repeatedly we cited the complexity of life and that the only explanation could be a creator. Sounds like a simple explanation. Except that in order to create something so complex, the creator would have to be even more complex, by a factor of millions or billions.

I then realized that a creator wasn't truly a simple explanation.

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    That's because religion IS bullshit!! LOL The debate is still out for me on whether or not God exists. Just can't wrap my head around the big bang theory, but can't wrap my head around there being a creator either. I don't believe in prayer because you can pray all you want, but some things just can't be solved by prayer. People still die, even when others are praying for them. Then they say that it was God's will that they were taken from the earth. But if they survive, then the prayers were answered. I don't understand why someone would create humans only to let them die, whether from old age or from sickness or tragedy. Doesn't make sense to me. None of it does. So, I just live my life the best I can and when it comes time for me to go, I guess I'll find out what my fate is.
  • done4good
    done4good

God = Highly improbable.

Religion = 100% bullshit.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit