RC on CNN - Damn this is Damning!!!

by jw07 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jw07
    jw07

Even CNN has picked up the ongoing Royal Commission hearings. I'm sitting back and eating popcorn for this one, it's like a dream come through.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/07/28/australia-jehovah-witness-sex-abuse-hannigan-lklv.cnn

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

This image from Facebook pretty much sums up the CNN report:

• steve2
    steve2
    Don't move along people: There's a hell of a lot to see.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    so the persecution has started--the watchtower guys must be jumping for joy--at last a prediction has come true---can only mean armageddon is just round the corner again---dont go away folks.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What happens if the GB try to spin this as a sign of the GT?? When nothing happens in 5-10 years ( especially if more abuse cases surface in other countries ) they will lose more converts and potential converts.

This isnt the 1900's when you could claim to grow "Miracle Wheat", it's 2015. The Information Age is a HUGE game changer. The WTBTS may have realized this too late.

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wasn't "false religion" supposed to be attacked first, according to WT escahtology?

Oh, wait...

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

DATA-DOG - What happens if the GB try to spin this as a sign of the GT?

Using the 1975 debacle as a model, I can imagine a scenario. However, it relies on more and more scandals coming to light and more and more JWs knowing about them:

I can imagine a number of witnesses beginning to believe that the GT has started. I can imagine the GB creating more material about the GT, how to prepare for it, etc. and some fuzzy/non-committed statements (in order to have plausible-deniability later on) that the GT has started. Something like "While we cannot say the GT has started, JWs today are facing unprecedented persecution as prophesied..." blah, blah, blah. I doubt that they can put a solid stake in ground about the start of the GT without taking some major long-term risks.

I can imagine that the effects of "implying" the GT has started, at least for the short term, could lead to renewed interest and effort on the part of the members. And, I have no doubt the GB would ride that wave as far as it can take them.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The Jehovah's Witnesses thrive on controversy. Historically, if they didn't have a crisis to face, they had one created for them. They love being martyrs and the WTS has always given them a "cause" to rise against. This one is a particulary evil cause and one that will not recieve public support.

The WTS likes agitation. They have lost membership before - up to 75% in the 1920s - and, even then, in the 30s, old fat ass Rutherford decided to take on German politics. And, in America in the 30s and 40s, Covington orchestrated the flag slaute and pledge controversy. They deliberately clogged up the court system with that one.

I have already read a comment on one forum (I think it was reddit) where a JW said - "We will go to jail like in WW2 and preach inside the jails." !!!! What an idiotic comment. Jail will not be easy on these jerks - they don't like skinners on the inside.

This time, too, it is going to cost them piles of money. That is going to hurt.

And the public shame will be a hard one to swallow. Pretty soon all the GB will have faces as red as old Bowditch's down in Australia.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Please. Everyone start going thru the 'exhibits' documents posted at the RC website. There is a ton of treasure there waiting to be brought to light. Currently downloading all the pdf's now for later review.

I knew the name Viv M. would come up and I was not disappointed.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    If they spin this as the beginning of the GT, is very likely to succeed. (My bet as I've posted before is that this is the very reason they changed the teaching on Gog of Magog). However, I don't think it will succeed as it did in 75. No prophetic numbers to show for. People love the mystery behind prophetic numbers. I think the major success will not come from an increase in membership. In fact, they should count their blessings if it helps them keep their numbers stable. I think success of such a spin off would come in the way of "donate more without question" because Jehovah's work is accelerating and we need all the help we can get. I think they will be more able than ever to push the loyal ones to "get out of the world" and "simplify their lives" so they can dedicate more time to the org. Serve in another country where growth is happening as it is. And much more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit