They think they are nuts.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Undis

I'm checking out the info.

SS

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Undi, I clicked on a link from a Arthur Edward Waite bio web site and the link containing "The secret of freemasonry" or something like that was gone. I wanted to ask you if you had a link with that info.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Here is the shortcut I was trying to access.

http://www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/biography/esoterica/waite_a/.portrait.html

[Arthur E. Waite]

The Secret Tradition in Freemasonry.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 6 November 2002 21:26:35

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

BTTT to ask again.

UnDisfellowshipped, I seem yo be surfing all the wrong links or this particular article has just been totally dropped. I've been pulling up more pages/chapters whatever from other links that have been removed also. Especially ones that include "The Golden Dawn"

No other Golden Dawn organization on the planet currently possesses the intensity of magickal power and the potency of transmission that is to be found through Mountain Temple Center.

Calendar of Events

Do you have any kinks links that go into more detail, if possible, regarding the current relationship and or animosity if any between the various sects of freemasonry?

plum

Edited by - plmkrzy on 7 November 2002 8:40:32

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I must be on ignore

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Nevermind. I found this instead while reading through the links.

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/history/paine_t.html

I come now to speak of the cause of secrecy used by the Masons.

The natural source of secrecy is fear. When any new religion over-runs a former religion, the professors of the new become the persecutors of the old. We see this in all instances that history brings before us. When Hilkiah the priest and Shaphan the scribe, in the reign of King Josiah, found, or pretended to find, the law, called the law of Moses, a thousand years after the time of Moses, (and it does not appear from 2 Kings, xxii., xxiii., that such a law was ever practiced or known before the time of Josiah), he established that law as a national religion, and put all the priests of the Sun to death. When the christian religion over-ran the Jewish religion, the Jews were the continual subject of persecution in all christian countries. When the Protestant religion in England over-ran the Roman Catholic religion, it was made death for a Catholic priest to be found in England. As this has been the case in all the instances we have any knowledge of, we are obliged to admit it with respect to the case in question, and that when the christian religion over-ran the religion of the Druids in Italy, ancient Gaul, Britain, and Ireland, the Druids became the subject of persecution. This would naturally and necessarily oblige such of them as remained attached to their original religion to meet in secret, and under the strongest injunctions of secrecy. Their safety depended upon it. A false brother might expose the lives of many of them to destruction; and from the remains of the religion of the Druids, thus preserved, arose the institution which, to avoid the name of Druid, took that of Mason, and practiced under this new name the rites and ceremonies of Druids.

So the origin according to this link is "Sun worship" and according to this article also pre-dates Christianity which replaced the "Sun" with the "Son" or Christ. The twelve Tribes replaced the 12 signs of the zodiac. and so on and so on etc...lol
  • abbagail
    abbagail

Hi UNDF'd! I came to your threads to look for something else, but when I saw the Freemasons title, thought I'd pop in here an article I found by accident the other day when I was searching some "news" search engines.

And for everybody else, I have No Idea whether what this below article says is legit or of any value or credibility. I post it merely FWIW because this fella being interviewed, Martyn Attard, mentions our former bro Charles Taze further down in the article...

Web posted on November 3, 2002 at 9:00:00 AM CET
    http://www.independent.com.mt/daily/newsview.asp?id=13453

Charity begins at home

[by] Daniela Xuereb

Daniela Xuereb speaks to MARTYN ATTARD, who was a Freemason for around six years and who renounced the fraternity for Catholicism.

"Freemasons are hoodwinked immediately with the very first oath they take as an Entered Apprentice - the first degree of Freemasonry. At that stage a person states he would rather kill himself than reveal the secrets of Freemasonry," said Martyn Attard.

In the 1980s, a successful businessman in his late 20s, drowning in alcohol and leading a lifestyle based on sex, power and money, Mr Attard became a Freemason.

It was a good friend who introduced him to the world of Freemasonry - he calls a secret society. Freemasons say the criteria for becoming a Freemason is a belief in a Superior Being referred to as G.A.O.T.U. (the Great Architect Of The Universe), strict morals and a willingness to help others.

"Freemasons claim they do not belong to a secret society, but a society with secrets. However, the most important secret is that very few members know the secret of what they are involved in," Mr Attard said. "Freemasonry is a society within a larger society, the former gradually eating away the latter."

The ultimate goal of Freemasonry is to take charge of the world and eventually become A One World Government - the recent terminology being used is globalisation. The idea is also to replace all religions with the one true Masonic religion.

"Freemasons say they make good men better... and at the time when I had a problem with alcohol, how could they have made me a better man?" asked Mr Attard who formed part of the Marsamxett Lodge in Valletta.

"Once I was accepted in Freemasonry and in a Lodge that made good men better I simply drank more! The bar at the Marsamxett Lodge was open every Saturday morning and beverage prices were very reasonable so I rarely missed the weekly informal gathering," he remarked.

Attending monthly ceremonies and social activities organised by the Freemasons, Mr Attard explained, included the introduction of new members into the Lodge and the raising of degrees, among other things on the agenda. Mr Attard had passed the third degree and was in Chapter. He said most Masons never go beyond the first three degrees of rank - there are 33 in all.

Between 30 and 40 people attended each ceremony and all wore Masonic regalia which included aprons, badges and other items. Wearing regalia is historical and symbolic and, like a uniform, Freemasons say the regalia serves to indicate to members where they rank in the organisation.

"When I joined Freemasonry I was told I was living in darkness, and I could only see the light through Freemasonry. Having resigned from the organisation now I know with certainty that it is Freemasons who are in darkness. Jesus Christ is the only light," Mr Attard said.

Freemasonry controls around six million members worldwide, the majority being in the USA. Freemasonry is the UK's largest secular, fraternal and charitable organisation, and the United Grand Lodge of England has over 300,000 members working in nearly 8,000 Lodges throughout England and Wales and more than 30,000 members overseas.

"I take it for granted that the good men being made better will now only refer to me as being scurrilous, for giving my views," Mr Attard said.

"However few know for example that Freemasonry does not accept the blind, the lame and the crippled as members - the official reason being that they cannot participate properly in the ceremonies, and thus are deprived from seeing the light - the Bible teaches us otherwise."

While claiming that Freemasonry is not a secret society, they believe that Lodge meetings are private, and open to members only.

"Freemasons insist Freemasonry is not a religion. However, it is strange that the room they meet in is referred to as a temple,' the seat the Worshipful Master (the chairman for that year) sits on is referred to as an altar, and the ceremonies end with the phrase so mote it be - the same words used in major satanic rituals," Mr Attard explained. "Even the Jehovah's Witness founder (Russel) was in fact a Freemason as well as a Knight Templar. All Knight Templars are Freemasons."

Mr Attard explained that after becoming a Freemason a person suddenly finds himself with a ready-made circle of friends, who are hospitable and accommodating.

"You feel as if you have stumbled upon something deep and promising and feel rather in awe of these businessmen and the international power they represent. When you are a Mason you become pure while everybody else is profane, said Mr Attard. Freemasonry includes rituals, ceremonies and secret handshakes.

"When you greet a Mason he presses a knuckle on the back of your hand - either the first, second or third to indicate which rank he is in. It is a secret recognition signal," he added.

Describing the initiation ceremony, Mr Attard said a person is led blindfolded into the temple, with a noose round his neck with his promoter standing beside him. The steward of the Lodge then asks: "Is this an act of your own free will and accord?" and he prompts the person to reply "It is." At this point the person is told: "Take one step with your left foot, and bring the heel of your right foot..." and the position assumed is the Tau Cross, the ancient phallic symbol.

Mr Attard said: "Next you kneel at the altar and swear an oath - which is of course blasphemous - and it goes something like this: I ... of my own free will and accord, in the presence of the Almighty God and this worshipful Lodge, erected to him and dedicated to the Holy St John, do hereby and hereon most solemnly and sincerely promise and swear..."

Freemasons swear to abide by all the Masonic rules and obey all Masons of higher ranks, and to aid and assist all poor or distressed Masons.

Over the years Freemasonry has had a number of famous brethren, including such names as Mozart, Winston Churchill, Peter Sellers, Ronald Regan, George Bush Sr, Lord Mountbatten and most of Europes royal families.

Charity is a fundamental part of all Freemasonry but charity always begins at home.

Leaving the fraternity

The person who helped Mr Attard join Freemasonry was the one who eventually encouraged him to leave.

"My friend, a Roman Catholic, unfortunately had been hoodwinked into believing he could be a Roman Catholic and a Freemason at the same time," explained Mr Attard.

It was in the 1990s when both friends resigned from Freemasonry. At the time the
    Roman Catholic Church had renewed its declaration that Roman Catholicism and Freemasonry were not compatible, meaning that one could either be a member of one or the other, but not of both.

"We had discussed the matter for long and my friend decided to resign from Freemasonry. He chose to remain a Roman Catholic and eventually I handed in my resignation and turned back to Catholicism too," Mr Attard said. "I would like to publicly thank whoever was praying for me at the time, since I also decided to see the real light."

Freemasonry is a subject which surfaces from time to time in Malta. It was Labour MP Leo Brincat who said in Parliament that certain members of the judiciary are Freemasons and that the government has a list of them.

Replying to Mr Brincat, Justice Minister Austin Gatt said if he ever had a shred of evidence that any person occupying an official position was a Freemason, he would insist he be removed from office.

Last Tuesday, on current affairs programme Bondi+, private investigator and journalist Joe Zahra publicly resigned from Freemasonry. Mr Zahra joined the fraternity three years ago but decided to resign from the organisation because as a journalist and private investigator he felt there would be a conflict of interest between his job and being a Freemason.

Bondi+ covered the history of Freemasonry and the reasons why it is stigmatised in Malta - unlike in many other counties where it is practised openly.

As the main guest on Bondi+ Mr Zahra spoke about his experience of being a Freemason. The programme stunned many who knew little or nothing at all about the practices of Freemasons.

Bondi+ took many, particularly active Freemasons, by surprise as exclusive footage filmed personally by Mr Zahra was shown throughout the programme.

The footage shown was of recent official Freemasonry ceremonies, held behind closed doors which were all secretly filmed by Mr Zahra.

Maltas laws, unlike those in Italy, protect Freemasons, because belonging to a Lodge is not illegal.

Following Tuesday's programme, Mr Bondi said he received positive feedback.

"Both Freemasons and those who are against Freemasonry said the programme was a balanced one. It was satisfying to receive the positive feedback," said Mr Bondi.

2002 Concept and Design by Standard Publications

Wow! Sounds totally creepy yet silly at the same time. Silly all that secrecy, silly handshakes with the knuckes in the back of your hand, men dressing up in aprons and such. Seems to have several earmarks of a cult as well (from reading prior "cult description lists" linked to from this forum, etc.)

Like a group of little boys creating their own secret club, swearing each other to secrecy, while they hang-out up in their tree-houses in their backyards which their daddies built for them... that's what it reminds me of.

Edited for coding error...

Edited by - GRITS on 9 November 2002 0:29:46

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thanks to plmkrzy and GRITS for your Posts!

plmkrzy, I am sorry about not replying yet, I am definitely not ignoring you.

I have a new job which is taking up a lot of my time, but I will post replies here soon.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

arrrrg!

Hey I was kidding! Thanks for responding though. I figured you would just get to it when you could.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit