Almost said too much"....... maybe

by Bigdummy 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

The wife was getting ready for the Sunday meeting yesterday and wanted the grandkids

to go with her. They didn't want to so she called our daughter to come and pick them

up. Now wife is about to cry because she is going by herself. I got dressed and went

with her. Man , I'm glad I did. I didn't have a magazine ( haven't looked at a Watchtower

in a long time) so I'm sitting there listening and observing, and lo and behold a former

elder makes a comment about a video of a brother Schaffer who really hit home

with a point about how we don't understand some things that happen and if we are

offended by them we should just let it go. I know this very video came up for discus-

sion a while back on here and somebody gave a good critique on how the brother mis-

applied the meaning of that scripture in Philipians. After the meeting I approached the

Watchtower conductor and we went over the verses together and said he had never

looked at that verse the way I was viewing it but yet he agreed with me. The verse is

not saying that Jah understands we were wronged and so therefore you should suck

it up and let it go because you don't understand and Jehovah does. This is misapply-

ing a scripture to fit an agenda. I also brought up the misapplying of the WTS of Prov.

4:18 which is used as an excuse to bring up new light in ever changing doctrine. The

rendering of that chapter has nothing to do whatsoever with end time prophecies. It's

about a father encouraging his so to avoid bad people and their influences and the son

will identify bad people on his own as he gets older and he gets wiser. Most elders

or anybody for that matter that I've discussed Prov 4:18 with agrees that in the context

it's referring to a father counseling his son. Only one elder disagreed. He said that

scripture could be interpreted as new information becoming brighter and brighter. I told

him I guess you could interpret a lot of scripture to mean what you want you want

you want it to mean but that scripture is self explanatory.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Good for you.
  • sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword
    Excellent points raised!
  • Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

I would like to say that I apologize for that last sentence in my above post. Some-

time my thoughts and my typing don't coincide with each other and the result is

a little messed up. I'm happy and frustrated at the same time about my feelings,

the happiness of knowing that there are multitudes of people like me that have

stepped back and really took a discerning view of what is taught as life saving

truth and frustrated that people still gobble this up as the only true way to be

acceptable to God. I really can't totally blame the sheeple. I was one myself. I'll

try to make better sense of my posts but sometimes I get jacked up about

something and I start to rant.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "I would like to say that I apologize for that last sentence in my above post. Some-
    time my thoughts and my typing don't coincide with each other and the result is
    a little messed up. "

It happens too me all the time. lol. Sometimes I right down something and notice later that I misspelled a word - or more accurately, I wrote down a synophone (is that a word?) of the word I meant to write. Putting "right" instead of "write", for example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit