What are the possible end results from the RC?

by Bob Loblaw 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but,...besides, of course, a black eye on the Org, what can come of this Royal Commission hearing legally or criminally?

According to the RC's website:

"The Royal Commission holds formal public hearings to hear evidence about child sexual abuse within institutions. The hearings do not focus on individual cases, but instead focus on case studies of how institutions have responded to allegations and proven instances of child sexual abuse."

"It’s important to remember that the Royal Commission is not a court of law and cannot make decisions about criminal matters. Rather, the Commissioners will deliver recommendations based on what they discover during a public hearing."

In the end, what possible scenarios could play out? The RC recommends suing/fining the WT Org? Jail time? Could this begin Inquiries in other countries?

• The Searcher
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

(Sorry, I know I have posted it several times, but it applies here too).

The purpose of the Royal Commission is to analyze and make a comprehensive report on how child abuse has been handled on the whole by various institutions ranging from religious and recreational establishments through to schools etc. in order to establish how best to prevent, and/or handle child abuse in the future. In their own words: "Drawing upon the experience of individuals and the investigation of systemic issues, we are required to make recommendations that will provide a just response for people who have been sexually abused and ensure institutions achieve best practice in protecting children in the future".

Read interim report:

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/about-us/our-reports/interim-report-volume-1-final-020714_lr_web

The purpose of this particular investigation into Jehovah's Witnesses is not to single them out and punish them, but as with the previous investigations of other institutions (so far there have been 29 case studies) it is to identify a weakness and put in place an effective remedy, (just as with all the other institutions). The Australian government has obviously identified a great need as regards the handling of child molestation issues across the whole board. I am sure you are all aware that the problem of abuse has been going on since the beginning of civilization, globally affecting all societies, but only in the last 30 or so years has it begun to get addressed properly. The need for this report itself though highlights that finding a solution has not even reached the tip of the iceberg yet. And of course once found, no solution will be truly perfect.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are not unique, they are plagued by the same diseases, same worries, same societal issues as everyone else on this planet. This of course includes the societal disease of child molestation. A spiritual paradise does not ensure a trouble free life as all persons are affected by imperfection and the consequences of it. In the cases of child sexual abuse the factors are very complex for all establishments and societies and each case is unique and cannot be put into one basket. Even the fact that a child offender goes behind bars for a few years does not guarantee a permanent solution because the possibility exists that he will re-offend. ...

I have no doubts though that whatever the Australian Commission decides in the way of policies, recommendations and practices to protect children, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be more than happy to comply with them.

• fukitol
    fukitol
    In some ways, the society will be hugely relieved to have to comply with any law/policy changes resulting from this enquiry. Laws will be passed which they will comply with out of obedience to Caesars laws. Similar to how courts intervening re blood issues is a relief to them. They are too spiritually and morally blind and brainwashed to make proper, sound, rational decisions. They honestly believe Jehovah requires two witnesses, so it's not their fault they feel. They're just obeying Jehovahs standards, they feel. But they will obey Caesars laws and implement the legislated changes and new policies that will certainly result from this enquiry, at least in Australia.
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Jehovah’s Witnesses are not unique, they are plagued by the same diseases, same worries, same societal issues as everyone else on this planet.

Name another organisation that has over 1000 known child sex offenders on record, and deliberately keeps this info hidden from its members and public knowledge? Fairly unique I'd say and pretty much unprecedented in Australia.

Honestly, your comments are disgusting and speak volumes about the level of control and manipulation this filthy cult has on its members. It's pathetic and I pity you.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

One of the big advantages of this Royal Commission is that lawyers and attorneys, anywhere in the world, now have access to confidential and secret letters and flow charts relating to the management of child abuse cases and allegations. These can now be subpoenaed for civil cases (or the equivalent local WT version).

In the USA this is the worst case scenario for Watchtower. It proves the systemic and systematic cover up of child abuse and that this is policy. Expect more civil cases and possibly even potential class action lawsuits.

• millie210
    millie210

The truest statement in that report is "Jehovahs Witnesses are not unique"

For Gods people on earth who are supposed to carry the identifying mark that Jesus spoke of, that statement itself is an indictment.

Of course the Royal Commission didnt mean it that way but maybe some individual JWs somewhere will give pause and think about it.

Sadly, I think this is only huge news to us who already have our eyes open.

JWs as individuals are not paying much attention. The Org itself will make a few forced changes and life will go on.

The only thing that will ever make a dent in the momentum of the Org is something financial. If this can have some kind of financial impact then maybe it will be more than just a black eye so to speak.

We can hope so because black eyes heal. Once they do they are forgotten.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

I said this in another thread but it's my same response to this one..

'Personally I don't really care if the org updates it's child abuse policy or not. I just want the entire lying, deceptive, stinking, manipulative organisation to implode in itself and collapse from the disgusting weight of it's own filthy hypocrisy and corruption.' ~ GodZoo

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I wonder if the GB will take this opportunity to make changes to the Elder arrangement.

After all, less and less males Are reaching out! The current elder population is growing older every day with less "qualified" replacements wanting to step up!

JW Broadcasting could be used to replace more and more meeting parts. More information control directly from the GB.

Less elders...less congregations. More halls will be sold.

In rural area's or for the elderly without a Kingdom Hall close by. They can be spiritually feed via JW TV.

contributions will be accepted by the on line donate button. Or sign up for automatic debit from your checking account.

Bottom line. How can WT keep the faithful "spiritually happy"! Well still getting their money?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Nitty - The purpose of the Royal Commission is to analyze and make a comprehensive report on how child abuse has been handled on the whole by various institutions ranging from religious and recreational establishments through to schools etc.

I wondered what the RC powers were.

I have no doubts though that whatever the Australian Commission decides in the way of policies, recommendations and practices to protect children, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be more than happy to comply with them.

Er....oh, come on. Get real, mate. Do you REALLY think so? Happy to comply?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit